Josephine Foster/ Mi & L'au/UBS Cork, Limerick, Galway, Dublin (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Those of you who saw Josephine play in Ireland will understand how absolutely psyched we are to announce 4 more dates in the last week of August. She's an opera school drop out with an incredible voice that has to be heard live and such beautiful songs too.....
If Josephine told us she was bringing GG Allen on tour it couldn't detract from our enjoyment. The good news is she's Bringing French-Finnish duo Mi & L'au along. We got a promo of their album and it's sweet. Sweet enough to be released on Michael Gira's Young God label in the Autumn. Of course this was the first label to release Devandra Banhart, so check 'em out now or pay €29.50 to see in them in the Village next year.

Josephine Foster + Mi & L'au + United Bible Studies.
27th August Cork: Venue TBA. Cork Electro-Droners Eachtra will also be playing.
28th August Limerick: Dolans (Upstairs) €6
Also playing will be Limerick heads Thacull. Ivan Pawle will guest with UBS on Hurdy Gurdy.
29th August Galway: Rosin Dubh €5 members €7.50 non-members
31st August Dublin: Boom Boom Room, Conways Parnell st. €10
UBS will be performing as Daniel Patrick Quinns backing band for this date.

A tenner is a bit more than we normally charge but the Dublin date differs from the others because UBS will be the backing band for Lancashire Avant-Folker Daniel P Quinn. He's like Mark E Smith getting out in the fresh air checking out standing stones- Hard to imagine, I know. Daniel is bringing Duncan, his 60 year old narrator who, when filled with beer expels wit & wisdom. So, thats a lot of travelling musicians to care for in one night. We'll be playing with Daniel again the following weekend in Scotland.

Suilven: Daniel Patrick Quinns Label

What Michael Gira says about Mi & L'au

Josephine Fosters site

MP3's (Links work this time)

Mi & L'au - A word in your belly
Mi & L'au - They Marry

Josephine Foster - The golden wooden tone
Josephine Foster - The pruner's pair
Josephine Foster - Crackerjack fool

United Bible Studies - With Ravens on our wrists

UBS in Scotland........
2nd September:Glasgow Vennue TBA. With the One Ensemble of Daniel Padden
3rd September:Edinburgh. The Forest Cafe, 7-9 PM. With Daniel Patrick Quinn
4th September:Aberdeen The Tunnels. With Daniel Patrick Quinn and local improvisors

Josephine Foster
josephine_031.jpg

Mi & L'au

Mi-and-Lau-woods-small.jpg

Daniel Patrik Quinn

dpq6.jpg

United Bible Studies

village-collage.jpg

Friends review of the Cambridge show Saturday August 13 posted on other thread

ron said:
Friends review of the Cambridge show Saturday August 13 posted on other thread

Fuck that other thread, It's a disgrace; broken links, oversized images... let it sink.
Thanks for posting though!

ron said:
What a friend said about Josephine Foster's Cambridge gig Saturday August 13:

All were good. I don’t think you need fear about Josephine Foster. Great songs and a great voice which sounded even better in the church. I think it would be fair to say she has probably heard the Vashti Bunyan album– a couple of her tunes reminded me of Rosehip November in the intonation of her voice and the general feel of the tunes. That’s not a criticism though– we all have influences. It was just her and an acoustic guitar and a crystal clear sound system. The tunes were not particularly upbeat, a bit sombre, but I couldn’t stop smiling throughout her set as the atmosphere was intermittently interrupted by the kerr-schplink of people opening cans of beer.She certainly held my attention. Great, great voice.I’ll certainly try and buy her single/album if it is already out.(I have no idea if it is yet.) Ever heard Wandering Star by Portishead? Another of her tracks reminded me of that– withoutthe beats etc. of course.

Mi and L’au are also worth a bit of your time as well I’d say. Very slow acoustic guitar stuff from lookylikies of Ian Curtis and Sissy Spacek crossed with the woman out of The Shining and Marilyn Manson. A heady mixture.

News just in:

Josephine Foster
Mi & L'au
Eachtra
United Bible Studies

August 27th Cork
Cyprus Avenue 7 Euro, Doors 8pm First band on at 8:30

Eachtra are a (mostly) Cork-based band with droning/phasing, beat tone double violin action from two women wearing masks and white suits and numerous shadowy male figures on electronics and one guy on visuals.
This will be their first gig since one of them cut open an aretery at their ENSO gig in Hynes car park, Galway. They're cool.

"..... We're on Highway to Hell, De neh neh NEH Neh! Highway to......"

righteous ivan p. is playin hurdy gurdy with ubs in limerick
shit like that'd make me wanna go to limerick for the day
shit like work will not allow it

giveadogabone said:
couldnt ya just type "bump" should be good - is she bringin the ukelelelelelele?? and the theremin in her throat?

Bump no longer cuts it - We all need to raise our game around here.

She'll be borrowing a UKE and the theremin is intact.
They're in the gaff now doing heroin and shit.

To answer yr question Ron "All of UBS" only exists in theory, It's been a different lineup for every gig ever. We'll be a 6 piece in Galway and will be playing with local heads in each town of the tour. There won't be any full on freak outs this time, we're too old now.

Cork tomorrow...................

desertedvillage said:
Bump no longer cuts it - We all need to raise our game around here.

She'll be borrowing a UKE and the theremin is intact.
They're in the gaff now doing heroin and shit.

To answer yr question Ron "All of UBS" only exists in theory, It's been a different lineup for every gig ever. We'll be a 6 piece in Galway and will be playing with local heads in each town of the tour. There won't be any full on freak outs this time, we're too old now.

Cork tomorrow...................

"raise our game"..you are the new andy lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back