Johnny Ramone dead (1 Viewer)

steve albino

Website
Visit site
[size=-1]LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Johnny Ramone, the lead guitarist with the influential U.S. punk rock band the Ramones, has died after a five-year battle with prostate cancer.[/size] [size=-1] Ramone, 55, who was born John Cummings, died in his sleep at his Los Angeles home on Wednesday afternoon, said Arturo Vega, the Ramones' creative director.[/size]

[size=-1] The Ramones, famed for playing their high-energy, unpolished songs at breakneck speed, rose to fame in New York City in the 1970s, paving the way for such punk rock icons as the Sex Pistols and the Clash.
[/size]

[size=-1] But unlike most punks, Ramone was an outspoken Republican who once declared Ronald Reagan the best U.S. president of his lifetime.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040916/325/f2p6r.html[/size]

steve albino said:
[size=-1]
[/size]

Bu[size=-1]t unlike most punks, Ramone was an outspoken Republican who once declared Ronald Reagan the best U.S. president of his lifetime.
[/size]
Republican Punks ?

Ronald Reagan the best U.S president of a lifetime ?

arse

Ah no, I didn't even know he was ill. This has really upset me. Joey and Johnny were my favourite Ramones - Joey for his songwriting, Johnny for his guitarplaying. They really were an inspiration. It seems so unfair....

never liked them

The Ramones - for the first 3 albums anyway - were the epitome of dynamic, melodic Rock'n'Roll. If you're not into Rock'n'Roll, not liking them is understandable and that's fine - each to his own. Otherwise....

im sure bono will have something brilliant to say

At their first audition (I think), U2 played three Ramones covers - they (U2) have gone downhill ever since.

well, at least thats one less vote George W's gonna get.

C'mon Spiritualtramp, that's just cheap.

At their first audition (I think), U2 played three Ramones covers - they (U2) have gone downhill ever since. QUOTE]

Eh? Audition for what? World conquering stardom resulting in smug sly reverence? Where do these auditions take place? Where do i sign?

from pitchfork:

"Ramone, born John Cummings, passed in his sleep, according to his publicist, and was in the company of friends and family, including his wife Linda Cummings, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and wife Jill, and Rob Zombie and wife Sherrie."

imagine one the last people you ever see being rob zombie. ugh!

ElderLemon said:
Ah no, I didn't even know he was ill. This has really upset me. Joey and Johnny were my favourite Ramones - Joey for his songwriting, Johnny for his guitarplaying. They really were an inspiration. It seems so unfair....

The Ramones - for the first 3 albums anyway - were the epitome of dynamic, melodic Rock'n'Roll. If you're not into Rock'n'Roll, not liking them is understandable and that's fine - each to his own. Otherwise....

fuckin A man, they were the fucking shit. Ramones really did change my life, I'll always love them.

spuded said:
if ya truly worship at the altar of rock n roll then you gotta worship the ramones, sad day indeed .|..|
hey everyone, good news! your ramones records will STILL play. bands will STILL insist on covering their songs. and people die all the time!!! :)

the guy was an infamous right winger with KKK sympathies, fuck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back