Johnny Ramone dead (3 Viewers)

ElderLemon said:
And generally speaking, I always believe in not speaking ill of the recently departed no matter who they are. This kind of macabre coffin-kicking seems to have become acceptable (and positively fashionable if you're Kevin Myers, who likes nothing better than duffing up the odd corpse or two in his rant barely disguised as a column).
Sorry boss but that's fuckin stoopid. Why the fuck not? They're just rotting meat or dry old dust...it changes nothing about who they were, they're just dead. "no matter who they are"...what about Ado Hitler and all them lads?

spuded said:
ah boss c'mon i dont know any members of crass personally, or the amebix, neurosis, or the ramones, same way i dont know blake swarzenbach from jawbreaker personally but the fuckers all changed my life regardless so i think when they die it would mean something to me
Yeah man, I'd be pissed off if neurosis died, I'd probably go and sacrifice a child to their memory or something, yeah, cool.

spuded said:
...and nooly i know ya thought it was tragic when layne staley died ;)

nah, he would've only ended up in a nu-metal band with members of orgy and insane clown posse to keep the skag funds rolling in. better off dead

Sorry boss but that's fuckin stoopid. Why the fuck not? They're just rotting meat or dry old dust...it changes nothing about who they were, they're just dead. "no matter who they are"...what about Ado Hitler and all them lads?

I said recently departed - Adolf's sixty years gone up in cinders, so do with him as you please. What I'm referring to is the period in the week (or two) after someone's died, to allow their family and friends time to mourn them - after that full and frank discourse is perfectly acceptable. I just don't agree with this notion of trashing someone's reputation in print only a day or two after they've died i.e. when they can't defend themselves (or sue you) and their relatives aren't in a position to immediately defend them either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back