Johnny Ramone dead (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse said:
eh? surely if you idolise someone and they meant something to you for a very long time then it would affect you if they died, regardless of whether you knew them or not? Are you saying that there is not a single musician/artist/writer/etc on this planet that you would care about if they died?
more or less, yeah.

PS: people should be able to say that they feel bad about something without someone insisting on telling them how pretentious they are for it... not meaning to get ratty or anything but some things can be left alone

Alan Remorse said:
PS: people should be able to say that they feel bad about something without someone insisting on telling them how pretentious they are for it... not meaning to get ratty or anything but some things can be left alone
alan, have you ever heard the expression 'Devil's advocate'

ElderLemon said:
And generally speaking, I always believe in not speaking ill of the recently departed no matter who they are. This kind of macabre coffin-kicking seems to have become acceptable (and positively fashionable if you're Kevin Myers, who likes nothing better than duffing up the odd corpse or two in his rant barely disguised as a column).
why?!

:confused:

alan, when i posted the comment

who cares if he was a nazi or a commie, he's still dead, you never knew him, you aren't really going to be affected by this, so why pretend it matters to you?
i put "devil's advocate" where it says 'now playing'.

that means that i was just provoking conversation, not expressing my own true opinion. of course people feel a sentimental attachment to musicians. stuart bailie and i organised an elliott smith tribute at the cathedral quarter arts festival last spring. the second killing spree show was a dee dee ramone tribute. i'm a sucker for that shit.

so, it was a joke. i wasn't attempting to patronise you. did you feel patronised?

how about now? :)

Muscle Beach said:

that means that i was just provoking conversation, not expressing my own true opinion. of course people feel a sentimental attachment to musicians. stuart bailie and i organised an elliott smith tribute at the cathedral quarter arts festival last spring. the second killing spree show was a dee dee ramone tribute. i'm a sucker for that shit.

so, it was a joke. i wasn't attempting to patronise you. did you feel patronised?

ok, apologies. i didnt see the "devil's advocate" thing in your original post. You can see how i would get the wrong end of the stick...

do i need to mention that yes, i do know what devil's advocate means?

Muscle Beach said:

I didn't see the devils advocate thing but it was extremely funny!:D How do you get the now playing thing anyway?!

ok i lie

there should be a second bar to enter text in, below the title bar, just above where you write your post... that's it.

ElderLemon said:
And generally speaking, I always believe in not speaking ill of the recently departed no matter who they are.
eh? what's the difference, dead or alive, a wanker is a wanker is a wanker. although you may have a point i suppose, your average wanker is much better off dead. that must explain why eulogies are always complimentary - everyone's so glad the cunt is dead that they'll praise 'em to the skies for finally fucking off.

Alan Remorse said:
eh? surely if you idolise someone and they meant something to you for a very long time then it would affect you if they died, regardless of whether you knew them or not? Are you saying that there is not a single musician/artist/writer/etc on this planet that you would care about if they died?
maybe if yer a bell-end with nothing more tangible in your life to care about..personally there's a very small limit on how much affection i can attach to someone who doesn't care about me never mind someone who doesn't even know me.

nooly said:
maybe if yer a bell-end with nothing more tangible in your life to care about..personally there's a very small limit on how much affection i can attach to someone who doesn't care about me never mind someone who doesn't even know me.

ah boss c'mon i dont know any members of crass personally, or the amebix, neurosis, or the ramones, same way i dont know blake swarzenbach from jawbreaker personally but the fuckers all changed my life regardless so i think when they die it would mean something to me

...and nooly i know ya thought it was tragic when layne staley died ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back