John Martyn (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by herv
with just a drum machine on a big stage?

nah thats from Stop Making Sense

it is deadly but

the Old Grey one is where he starts with an acoustic geetar, then switchs over to an electric jobbie to go nuts at the end in typical David Byrne seisure fashion, Such tight t shirts as well....

I so *hearted* Talking Heads when I was a wee scamp

Speaking of John Martyn.....
'member Wet Wet Wet's defiling of 'Sweet Little Mystery' by aforementioned genuis?

I heard the John Martyn version for the first time in the last couple of years and was absolutely blown away, moved to tears by it.

'Sweet Little Mystery' wins my award for the worst cover version *ever*.

Originally posted by aoifed
Speaking of John Martyn.....
'member Wet Wet Wet's defiling of 'Sweet Little Mystery' by aforementioned genuis?

I heard the John Martyn version for the first time in the last couple of years and was absolutely blown away, moved to tears by it.

'Sweet Little Mystery' wins my award for the worst cover version *ever*.

hang on... that was a cover!

I'm trying to make sense of this, but I can't get past the god awful synth brass on "The Wets" version.

crikey

The real RG (ignore that bitch from the revs..)

I'm not sure if he was buried with it, I was at an exhibition of loads of his guitars 2 years ago in ballyshannon and I'm nearly sure it was there. I wanted to play his strat but the curator told me to get the fuck.

CAptain Anally Says:
...and about that stick - What we call is a "bass" is really a "bass/guitar" or something, i.e. it was invented as a cross over between a stand up double bass and a guitar, so bassists could have an affordable and portable instrument. That means that the stick is not a cross between a bass and a guitar, but more of a cross between a baritone guitar and a neatly shaped log....

3/5 stick users have strange beards.

Originally posted by herv
with just a drum machine on a big stage?

lovely.

here, dip, vegetable gratain or enchiladas? (sp?)

whatever my dear. my diet is mostly crisps and beer these days, so anything will do. really.

it'd wanna be veggie tho, what with quinn hoping to keep at least *one* resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back