Joe Kinnear (1 Viewer)

I'd go for the latter. If that was my father I'd have him put in a home. It's attracting much mirth (unless you're a Newcastle fan) but he's making stuff up, getting everyone's names mixed up etc.

There was a great comment on the Guardian where someone said it'd save Ashley a heap of money if Pardew resigned so appointing JFK was the football equivalent of leaving a revolver and a bottle of whiskey on his desk.

Makes sense.

I'd go for the latter. If that was my father I'd have him put in a home. It's attracting much mirth (unless you're a Newcastle fan) but he's making stuff up, getting everyone's names mixed up etc.

There was a great comment on the Guardian where someone said it'd save Ashley a heap of money if Pardew resigned so appointing JFK was the football equivalent of leaving a revolver and a bottle of whiskey on his desk.

Makes sense.

He's not that bad.

He's got the gig anyway. Jesus. Maybe Ashley just wants to have a laugh.

Yes he is cattlewashing and I should know because I've been manager of the year three times, mate.

I mean he is past it, but there are way more embarrassing people involved in football.

Plus it's not like he's there to manage the team. I wouldn't trust him with that either. He's there to try and make connections with clubs, he's still very well liked within football managers circles. In fact I'd say the more he tells the press to fuck off the more they love him.

Let's not forget just how bad the fans favourite Alan Shearer was as manager. Selling Given that season was a huge mistake and it wasn't his decision, so I still wouldn't give him all the blame for what happened.

Plus it's not like he's there to manage the team. I wouldn't trust him with that either. He's there to try and make connections with clubs, he's still very well liked within football managers circles. In fact I'd say the more he tells the press to fuck off the more they love him.

There were a few twitter giggles last night when he mentioned that he could get Wenger on the phone any time he wanted. But apparently at one point they did live on the same road as each other and are quite friendly.

I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the reaction to the talksport interview last night. Lots of hacks have been alluding to him not being alright mentally without actually coming out and saying it, and I can't help but wonder if it's just agism on their part or if there is an actual issue with Kinnear, and if there is then they should euther shut the fuck up about it or come out and say what the story is, their job is to disseminate information after all.

Jack Charlton and Bobby Robson used to constantly get the names of players wrong and everybody loved them.

All that being said, I think appointing him is a bad idea.

Jack Charlton and Bobby Robson used to constantly get the names of players wrong and everybody loved them.

All that being said, I think appointing him is a bad idea.

Aye but there's getting people's names wrong (I do that ffs) and then there's saying stuff liked he signed Krul (he didn't) and that he had worked with Danny (?) Perch when he was there (Perch didn't join until a year after he left).

That's a bit odd. When he starts listing out their goalscorers from last season it's like he's trying to convince himself that he's still alright in the head and that he can do the job.

Aye but there's getting people's names wrong (I do that ffs) and then there's saying stuff liked he signed Krul (he didn't) and that he had worked with Danny (?) Perch when he was there (Perch didn't join until a year after he left).

That's a bit odd. When he starts listing out their goalscorers from last season it's like he's trying to convince himself that he's still alright in the head and that he can do the job.

I really didn't put much faith in the whole, they're trying to get Pardew to quit line of thinking until I saw what his official title is, it's not much of an exageration to say that it's "supreme universal commander of all of football, and Pards is definately his bitch."

I really didn't put much faith in the whole, they're trying to get Pardew to quit line of thinking until I saw what his official title is, it's not much of an exageration to say that it's "supreme universal commander of all of football, and Pards is definately his bitch."

Louise Taylor reports in the Guardian today that Pardew criticised Ashley in a press conference, which apparently you just don't do, so Ashley wants him out. The whole thing is gas.

Louise Taylor reports in the Guardian today that Pardew criticised Ashley in a press conference, which apparently you just don't do, so Ashley wants him out. The whole thing is gas.

8 years, 8 fuckin' years, Newcastle are the gift that keeps on giving, just so long as you don't have to support them.

This is great news, Newcastle are usually worth 4-6 points on the board even at their best. Kinnear may not be mentally ill but appointing him is a pretty bizarre move for a number of reasons. I predict an old school shambles of a season for the Magpies.

He was generally talking about players who are still there from when he was there last, and I thought what Kinnear said about Krul was "I brought him in" Which could have meant that it was him that brought him into the first team, which is probably true. He may have looked at signing Perch and ultimately played part in him eventually joining Newcastle.

It definitely seems like it's been blown out of proportion.

Ashley's a fool though, no doubt about that.

Wasn't it Joe who called Charles N'Zogbia Charles Insomnia? I think Charlie put in a transfer request after that. He also says he's fitter than he's ever been in his life which is a sad indictment of seventies football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back