Jim Carroll in the Ticket (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
???

okay... I'm not serious.... but if I was I'd doubt it'd be 'sad days'... :confused:

sad days 'cos I thought you were backhandedly insinuating that i was only referring to bands i know. which is where this whole 'scene that celebrates itself' thing comes from. i've no qualms in saying there's only a handful of bands/acts in dublin of any real quality that i think deserve to play/make music for a living. there's also alot of folk not interested in going down that road, meself included. no chance of me breaking my back going around the world playing guitar for a living. i'm sure our jim would just love that attidtude.

btw in the ticket two weeks ago he said about a certain band 'we know as much about x as we do the temperature of the royal canal' despite having been sent a copy of their cd in the past and a full description for the gig in question so he's obviously got a chip on his shoulder about what he perceives as a lack of ambition from local bands that don't want to 'make it'.

call me an insane prick with a short attention span and a weakness for boobs but i think it's time to knock this on the head dudes...

hag said:
call me an insane prick with a short attention span and a weakness for boobs but i think it's time to knock this on the head dudes...

yeah.
how about that local sports team? they'll never amount to anythi..... yawn

guys - a couple of points:

• peddle
  • ridiculous
continue if you must. i'm sure the bauld jim is laughing his little cotton socks off.

Jaysus. Glad I wasn't in work today with nothing to read but this.
Who gives a fuck about the article? Franz Ferdinand aren't all that either.
Also, Dudley, what are you on about?
Pete, please ban everyone on this thread including/especially me.

lorcanzo said:
Did anyone read what Jim Carroll wrote in the ticket today about Dublin bands?
He basically wrote off everyone, and said Franz ferdinand were the most amazing band in ages.

FUCK OFF! :mad:

There are plenty of dublin and irish underground bands who interest me more than Franz Ferdinand....
more of the same from him
Franz Ferdinand though - good shit

Record deals are the worst bizness deals ever. I mean it's worse than those 'pay off your loans in one handy monthly payment' deals that get advertised during daytime TV.

The rock lifestyle is shit too. You don't even get jobsharing.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Record deals are the worst bizness deals ever. I mean it's worse than those 'pay off your loans in one handy monthly payment' deals that get advertised during daytime TV.

The rock lifestyle is shit too. You don't even get jobsharing.
yeah but you get flexi time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back