jewellery repairs (1 Viewer)

rampz

anyone ever had jewellery repaired in dublin? ie silver bracelet or similar. needs to be soldered just probably. anyone know anywhere that provides this service? i know a lot of jewellery shops can be snobby about such things.

jewellers are snobby bastards alright.nothing better than going in all scruffed up and watch them stick their noses in the air while still eyeballing you.then slowly approach the counter,whip out a pile of fiddy bills and see the change in attitude!money grabbing bastards.

cool cheers all. its my silver id bracelet. might try the guy in aungier st tomorrow cos il be in town. otherwise ill try other options.

not sure if they do repairs, but the people in emma stewart liberty in the powerscourt townhouse centre are really nice and make/alter stuff on the premises - i was there buying something a while back and heard them tell a woman who was getting a fairly fancy ring made that if she had any odd earrings, etc., they'd melt them down and use the gold in it so she wouldn't have to pay so much.

they also cut a ring off my finger that had got squashed into an oval and was impossible to remove, for no charge (other than the amusement factor of looking at my face as someone wielded a saw alarmingly close to my finger, i presume).

dont spend too much ramps, i know of too many people ripped of by this lark. My auld fella is a jeweller so i know it aint expensive

boy-george-mr-t-250x275.jpg

me and ramps, yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back