Jesus & Mary Chain for Electric Picnic (1 Viewer)

SHYBOY

Rumours are that the Connect festival in Scotland is to be twinned with electric picnic this year. They are both on the same weekend, so it would seem logical that acts would play both festivals.There are some pretty decent acts confirmed for the connect festival, The Beastie Boys, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Bjork, Tilly And The Wall, with more bands to be confirmed, hopefully it is a good pointer to whose playing Electric Picnic this year.

The Connect Festival is run by *** . Rumour has it that *** are bringing another festival called Latitude over to Ireland around the same time as EP and are bagging alot of the EP-style acts.

The Connect Festival is run by *** . Rumour has it that *** are bringing another festival called Latitude over to Ireland around the same time as EP and are bagging alot of the EP-style acts.

rrreeeaaalllyyy???

I've heard *** have been making it very hard for EP to sign acts lately

It's pretty rotten that the business model here isn't "lets make out festival great and we'll be the best by virtue" but rather "lets fuck up anyone who trys to compete"

last time i checked people are allowed like different things - plus ive never seen them and think i would enjoy it.

you'd hate it, trust me

443516.JPG

Look troublemaker, things have changed since the "last time you checked". I'll post a list of things that people currently like when as soon as I've finished ratting my neighbours out for independent thought crimes.

please do, there's simply nothing worse than not being in the loop on thumped - i'm at my wits end and dont know which bands I should be liking for the next 10 seconds before the trend changes again.
kthx

;)

i dont really get this thread but if JMC were playing that would be very good indeed.

sorry to be a lick, but I'm with La La on this. I think it'd be great to see them play EP. Maybe not a main stage act, but I could see them going down well in a tent.

Primal Scream may be a tad on the crap side these days, but they can still do it live. I know its popular not to like them though cos lots of the celtic jersey boys have latched onto them.

There has to be a Nick Cave presence somewhere here this summer. They haven't announced anything, either in the guise of D3, Grinderman, or NC and the Bad Seeds. Surely they wouldn't completely ignore here? I have a feeling these could all be appearing at EP. NC wouldn't sellout to *** the way others have.

serious question for a sec, do you guys think that artists are aware of the, eh, profile of the promoters in each country they play?

I'd say most wouldn't give a damn once the price is right. You'd imagine the likes of a certain canadian band whose initials are AF would know the difference between ******** and Electric Picnic, given they played the latter before, and would know that they'd get a better, more appreciative audience if they played it again. Though the kiddies do love their AF these days though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back