Jdiff 2014 (1 Viewer)

This is what I've booked. Tons of conflicts in there, but I grabbed anything I want to see that might sell out.
Looking forward to seeing The Double and Zero Theorem on the same night
that's a fair few fillums lad!
What's the deal on ticket bundles/festival passes? I haven't checked out the prices yet.

What's the deal on ticket bundles/festival passes? I haven't checked out the prices yet.

They do deals where you can buy 10 tickets for I think E90

I bought a season ticket for E200 which means that you can get in to everything. I figure it's cheaper than an Electric Picnic ticket and I'll get 10 days out of it.

The trick at this point though is to spot what will sell out and jump on it.

I reckon Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam are high on that list.

True enough; though the Wes Anderson will be getting a release here anyway no?

That is very true. You also have to strike that balance between stuff you will never see on a screen again and stuff you just cannot wait to come out on general release.

I appear to be going to:

Safety Last!
The Congress
Mood Indigo (L’Écume des Jours)
Hide Your Smiling Faces

I may also go to:
Only Lovers Left Alive
Before the Winter Chill
The Past (le Passé)

and more, if I can scrounge together the funds

Tickets booked!

Only lovers left alive
Wrecking Crew
Lawrence of Belgravia
Gun Crazy
The Double
Haus Tungendhat
Living in a coded land
Autoluminescent
Under the skin

Close-up: Iconic Film Images from Susan Wood

Curated by Deirdre Brennan

Irish Georgian Society,

City Assembly House, South William Street

Friday 7 - Saturday 22 February

An exhibition of work by New York photographer, Susan Wood is set to open in Dublin next week: Close-up - part of the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival programme - is a collection of iconic 1960's film images from movies including Leo the Last and Easy Rider, representing milestones in American photography over a period of more than thirty years.

Under contract to Paramount Pictures, United Artists and 20th Century Fox, Susan’s assignments allowed her to capture remarkable, unrehearsed shots of some of that era’s most unforgettable personalities like Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Monica Vitti, Marcello Mastroianni, Billie Whitelaw, John Wayne, Billy Wilder, Joseph Losey―on display as a group in this exhibition for the first time ever.

Susan Wood’s editorial, advertising and fashion photograpy has appeared in Look, Vogue, People and The New York Times and she is known for her portraits of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Susan Sontag, Diane Von Furstenburgand John Updike.
Speaking about the exhibition, Susan said, “I am thrilled that these photographs, lovingly curated by Deirdre Brennan, will seen together for the first time in Dublin and I’m honoured to be one of the first artists to exhibit in this wonderful new space at the Irish Georgian Society.”

Susan was a founding member of the Women's Forum and was very involved in the fight for women's rights and equality in the 1960's and 1970's and was friends with many of the vanguard of the feminist movement including Betty Friedanand Gloria Steinem.

The exhibition is presented in association with the Irish Georgian Society and is curated by the Irish photographer Deirdre Brennan, who has been working with Susan's archive for the past decade.

Susan will give a lunchtime talk about her life and work on Friday 14 February at 1pm. Admission is free.

Notes to Editors:

Close-up: Iconic Film Images

by Susan Wood

Venue: City Assembly House, South William Street

Dates & Times: Fri 7 – Sat 22 Feb ( open 10am – 5pm, Mon to Sat)

Free admission.

ICONIC FILM IMAGES FROM SUSAN WOOD | Festival News, Cinema Listings, Cinema Tickets, Gift Vouchers, Daily Deals | Jameson Dublin International Film Festival

About Susan Wood
Susan Wood Richardson
is an internationally published photographer and journalist. The winner of many Art Director and Clio awards, her work has been exhibited in museums and galleries worldwide. Throughout the 1970's and 80’s, Susan's editorial and advertising work could be seen in magazines such as Vogue, Look, Life, People and New York Magazine. Susan was a regular contributor to Look Magazine, most notably for a cover story on John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Susan also worked for 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures and United Artists and was the stills photographer on the set of Easy Rider.

Mademoiselle named Susan as one of their 10 Women Of The Year in 1961. Susan was also a founding member of the Women’s Forum. Some of those she has photographed and interviewed are Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, John Wayne, Marcello Mastroianni, Anthony Quinn, Monica Vitti, Joseph Heller, Betty Friedan, Norman Mailer and John Updike.

Susan has appeared on many TV and radio programmes including Today, Dick Cavett, To Tell the Truth, Good Morning America, Barry Farber and Medical Matters. Her investigative reportage on medical malfeasance titled “Dr. Feelgood”, appeared as a cover article in New York Magazine. Susan is co-author of “Hampton Style” published by Little Brown (1992), which was a Literary Guild selection. For that project, she took over 250 original photographs of houses, gardens and art studios on the East End of Long Island.

Susan's work is represented in the Library of Congress and by Getty Images.

A product of the New York City public school system (High School of Music and Art), she went on to receive her BA from Sarah Lawrence College and graduate work at Yale University School of Art and Architecture. For 20 years she served on the Board of Directors of Blueberry Treatment Centers - a school, camp and residence for emotionally disturbed children.

Susan presently resides primarily in Amagansett and has additional residencies in New York City and Greenport on Long Island’s North Fork.

www.susanwood.net

About Deirdre Brennan
A graduate of The National College of Art and Design, Deirdre Brennan worked as a photojournalist and documentary photographer in New York for over a decade and returned to live in Dublin in 2008. On contract with The New York Times since 2000, her work has been published throughout the world in titles such as The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, Newsweek, Stern, Marie Claire, Panorama, American Photography, The Smithsonian and The London Sunday Times.

Deirdre was recently named " 10 Women Who Wrote History With Their Cameras" as part of Visa pour L'image, The International Photojournalism Festival's 20th Anniversary in 2008.

Nominations include The World Press Photo Master Class, The New York Photo Awards and PDN "30 Under 30".

A conceptually trained artist, Deirdre work occupies a space between documentary and fiction. Deirdre has always had an anthropological interest in ordinary people, their lives and stories. Elements of magical realism are also woven into her practice. Heavily influenced by A Northern Aesthetic, classical composition and simplicity of line combined with a modern surface are of primary importance.

Deirdre is currently working on a photo documentary entitled "Ulysses Map Of Dublin", utilizing the map and structure of James Joyce's novel to consider politics, race and class in the modern capital.

Deirdre has been a member of the Redux Picture Agency in New York since 2000.

www.deirdrebrennan.com

I was given a ticket to Mood Indigo on Tuesday since it clashes with some footie. No clue what it's about. I haven't even looked at the program since I am working extra hours this month and am broke. If I look, I'll be annoyed I can't go to most of them.

Last edited:
I was given a ticket to Mood Indigo on Tuesday since it clashes with some footie. No clue what it's about. I haven't even looked at the program since I am working extra hours this month. If I look, I'll be annoyed I can't go to most of them.
That might be alright. That's Michel Gondry new film with Audrey Wotsit from Amelie and your man from Beat That My Heart Skipped.

Don't suppose any of you have tickets for Fridays showing of Dawn of the Dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back