Jaysus cycling! (12 Viewers)

Their stock management and price tracking can be dodgy. Did you mention the price difference to the staff? I've done that and they matched the online price.

Good stuff. And that's good to know.

I ended up driving round to Decathlon and buying some other gear after trying it on. They are also the king cunts of having cheaper prices online than at the shop.
That's a Horrible shop.

did 10k on the bike on Sunday. it was really quite difficult mainly eye related. Took about 45 mind to recover. Glad to have done t though.

I wasn't getting clothes but i got 2 things from bike24 online most recently and there was no messing about.

All going well i'll be off for a few days on the bike as of tomorrow morning.
How do you weight buying quality versus buying cheap?

I know you are careful with your money, but value is tricky sometimes

How do you weight buying quality versus buying cheap?

I know you are careful with your money, but value is tricky sometimes

For bike stuff because it Offsets the car it's essentially in profit all the time, so I buy more or less what I want or need. Even doing that for years and the entire spend on everything bike isn't near the cost of an entry level car.

At the same time if I'm just trying something out I'll buy entry level cheap to learn on. Like the SPD shoes I got from decathlon - I leaned that I like them for the commute but being cheap they hoard water - so probably something lighter, breathable and not essentially plastic will go on the long list.

- I tend to break things down with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Clothes are tier 1 need them to function things so they get a % of income per 12 months that I'll totally go over if there's freak weather and I can't be comfy in it.

eBay and adverts kinda open a channel where you can combine cheap and quality. Cyclists love to change our gear and don't bond with everything they buy.

How many miles were you doing per day?

And isn't Portugal like super mountainy?

Also, very jealous
Not a huge amount but it's a lot of off-road kinda stuff, like pushing a 25kg bike up an uncycleable mountain path isn't going to look great in distance covered stats but i have jurassic park quads now, stopping for swims and going for huge feeds if somewhere looked nice. It is very mountainous and I think i'd like to go back and do all tarmac there sometime. There are absolute endless boreens to get lost on so long as you don't mind hills. There's a huge variance in what grows there within a few km of the sea so it felt like i was gone for weeks. It was 4 days, but in fairness i was 3 months in the planning and training, so big payoff. Already looking at the next one..

i was talking to mark, the chief of the bike mechanic shop in the ballymun rediscovery centre, this morning. told him i recently bought a mid 90s dynatech mountain bike, for €100.
'that's some steal!'
'nah, it's titanium'.

I'm mildly considering getting a road bike again. I've a notion i'd like to attempt a local TT for the craic sometime next summer. It'll be 100% between 2 and 300eu off adverts type operation. I am currently not even in the outer orbit of that speed right now, but that's kinda the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back