Jaysus cycling! (17 Viewers)

Walked past merchants quay this morning. The road was completely sealed off because of that accident so no traffic at all being allowed through. Cyclist (as in lookit me cycling shirt and pants, vs randomer on a bike) rolls up to one of the cops: "Can I get through on my bike?" - because you're special? What?

"No," says the cop, unsurprisngly... And then proceeds to direct him the wrong way up a busy one way street as a detour, which the cyclist happily does, cycling straight towards other people on bikes freewheeling down the cycling lane by Christchurch. Grand.

Walked past merchants quay this morning. The road was completely sealed off because of that accident so no traffic at all being allowed through. Cyclist (as in lookit me cycling shirt and pants, vs randomer on a bike) rolls up to one of the cops: "Can I get through on my bike?" - because you're special? What?

"No," says the cop, unsurprisngly... And then proceeds to direct him the wrong way up a busy one way street as a detour, which the cyclist happily does, cycling straight towards other people on bikes freewheeling down the cycling lane by Christchurch. Grand.
Were they letting pedestrians through?

The cycle path on the pavement is one of the worst ideas. It raises the confusion of who has right of way at junctions and the risk of running over some dope who doesn't realise the red bit is for wheels.

The cycle path on the pavement is one of the worst ideas. It raises the confusion of who has right of way at junctions and the risk of running over some dope who doesn't realise the red bit is for wheels.
Whizzing by pedestrians leaving millimetres to spare while they're on their phones should not be discounted

Would very much like if drivers realised that at night cyclists also enjoy having the lights dimmed for them as we approach, cycling last night there was a number of times on a particularly narrow road where I wasn't sure if I was going to stay on the road or ride into the ditch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back