Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

now THATs what I'm talking about. -5 and absolutely lovely out.

all the fuckers in here with cars working from home cos its 'too icy'.

Pricks.

Where are you at? Nice temperature for cycling when the sun's out and the roads are dry. Slush on the road though and I'll pass.

My activist bike buddy

What I did for my birthday... woke up at 4am, couldn't go back to sleep. Alarm at 6:30, got kid dressed and fed, changed flat rear tire on beater single speed (which we need to haul a trailer tonight to the South End) only to discover that its hub ratchet is shot. It happens, they're cheap. But it meant I needed a new rear wheel. Cheap chinese new ones = $85 + tax, and you get maybe 2 more years on it. But there's this abandoned Schwinn single I pass everyday on my ride to work - it's been there for almost a year, chain is rusted solid, it's on Harvard B School campus, I know the drill... so ... I stole a bike wheel off an abandoned bike this morning and put it on my beater winter kid-hauling bike.

39 IS SHAPING UP PRETTY AWESOME.

Got a smack last tuesday. Suspected fractured elbow (have to wait till friday to find out if it is or not), bruised ribs, road burn all over the place and cuts all over my legs from the pedals.

I'm much better now though. Was in a jocker last tuesday and wednesday

Got a smack last tuesday. Suspected fractured elbow (have to wait till friday to find out if it is or not), bruised ribs, road burn all over the place and cuts all over my legs from the pedals.

I'm much better now though. Was in a jocker last tuesday and wednesday

How did you get hit?

How did you get hit?
It was in clontarf, there was a left turn and i was going straight. The traffic was heavy and was moving slow. As i crossed the junction the car on the junction decided to turn left and just hit me. Hadnt a hope, i saw the front wheels turn just before she moved and all but at that stage i was at the point of no return

It was in clontarf, there was a left turn and i was going straight. The traffic was heavy and was moving slow. As i crossed the junction the car on the junction decided to turn left and just hit me. Hadnt a hope, i saw the front wheels turn just before she moved and all but at that stage i was at the point of no return

EEeeep, glad it wasn't worse. Had a not dissimilar escape myself recently. Except in this case it was turning left that saved me, a car coming the other way turned right, I'd have been wiped out if I was going straight.

a colleague came off his bike recently and knocked his front tooth out.

it was three hours before he got to a dentist, so the tooth was long dead. the dentist told him that the idea that you put the tooth in milk to keep is alive (which he didn't try) is bunkum; best thing to do is wipe the tooth clean and put it straight back in the hole it came out of. don't wash it. that way, it's kept at body temperature, some blood flow may be restored to it, and it stops the hole from swelling closed. most important thing though is to get to the dentist ASAP. within 20 minutes.

Lads, I've my bike up on Donedeal for super cheap clearance price. Some foreign (I think) lad mailed me for some details about it last night....I fell asleep as it was around midnight. Awoke to this message......tell me if it seems dodge...??

Nice Hearing back from you..I'm quite satisfied with the condition and price. I will be paying the PayPal charges from my account and i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay,and i hope you have a paypal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a paypal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for it to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Name:
PayPal Email address
Cell Phone No.:
Total Cost of the Bike.

Eh, hard to tell.

If he's organizing a 'shipping company' himself what do you do if he says he hasn't got the item? It's not like you have a contract with the people who are shipping the item, he apparently has it.

Basically it reads like a scam to me but it could be totally legit. How about you invoice him, ask him what his shipping company is and you organize the shipping with them yourself. Make sure there's a way of tracking the delivery online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back