Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

The ones I'd use (28c) are €35 so I'd say I'll get one. Only need a back rupee for now.

Is it ok to change a cog on the cassette with out changing the whole lot?

I haven't a clue about the cassette issue.

If you can, I'd spring for two Armadillos. You'll only feel like a cunt when you get that inevitable front puncture.

Is it ok to change a cog on the cassette with out changing the whole lot?

depends. On a standard road block the smallest 5 cogs are separates and the bigger 5 are a single piece. So it is possible to replace the smaller ones.

But, I think some of the cheaper blocks are one piece but I'm not sure. I'd suggest taking it off and having a look. If its one of the smaller cogs and they're separates, then its definitely possible.

depends. On a standard road block the smallest 5 cogs are separates and the bigger 5 are a single piece. So it is possible to replace the smaller ones.

But, I think some of the cheaper blocks are one piece but I'm not sure. I'd suggest taking it off and having a look. If its one of the smaller cogs and they're separates, then its definitely possible.

Yeah it's separate. it's the 3rd smallest one. Years ago i changed the middle ring on the front and it kept slipping. The bike mechanic said it was because the chain was worn/shaped with the rest of the cogs and i'd need to replace the lot. Was he talking shite?

Yeah it's separate. it's the 3rd smallest one. Years ago i changed the middle ring on the front and it kept slipping. The bike mechanic said it was because the chain was worn/shaped with the rest of the cogs and i'd need to replace the lot. Was he talking shite?

no, its true that the chain and block wear together and when you replace one you should replace the other. But I'd be ok with changing one cog, especially one of the smaller ones.

Headset bearings seem to be Fucked. Handlebars seem to spring into the centre position. Took the bearings out cleaned them, they seemed to be ok, re-greased them and put it back together. All was good for 3 days then the issue was back.

Brought it to a bike shop to get the bearings replaced they took it for the day then told me that i just over tightened it hmmm (i have changed the headset successfully on a vespa before no issue). Half way home issue came back. Why didnt they change the bearings? Thats what i brought it to them to do!!!! Fuck bike shops, rant over.

No helmet?

I was wearing one yeah, but it's not going to do anything to stop my brain sloshing around and banging off my skull if all of a sudden my head is moving at high speed and then stops due to the rest of me hitting the ground though.

I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but last night I was very much feeling not quite myself, was simultaniously sleepy and feeling silly, and my typing accuracy, which admittedly is pretty bad at the best of times, utterly went to shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back