Jaysus cycling! (10 Viewers)

Bee flew into my mouth this morning. Somehow managed to spit it out before it stung me though, miracle. Scary times!

colour me sceptical - i can understand that they want to limit the contruction works, but a two way cycle lane on one side of the quays sounds a bit odd. will cyclists be prevented from using the south quays, i wonder?
New Quays cycle lane to lead to restrictions for Dublin motorists - Environmental News | The Irish Times - Tue, Jun 17, 2014

the big issue for cyclists is junctions, and a two way cycle lane beside a one way car system has some scope for junction confusion for all involved.

plus, the subhead makes mention of moving an historic park, but there's no mention of this in the article. i would assume the park in question is the croppy acre.

colour me sceptical - i can understand that they want to limit the contruction works, but a two way cycle lane on one side of the quays sounds a bit odd. will cyclists be prevented from using the south quays, i wonder?
New Quays cycle lane to lead to restrictions for Dublin motorists - Environmental News | The Irish Times - Tue, Jun 17, 2014

the big issue for cyclists is junctions, and a two way cycle lane beside a one way car system has some scope for junction confusion for all involved.

plus, the subhead makes mention of moving an historic park, but there's no mention of this in the article. i would assume the park in question is the croppy acre.

A drawing for that idea i think, i am not sure if they would do it though.
1548103_703413163044876_263145954_o.jpg

Last edited:
A bike is the fastest way to get anywhere in the city.

Like maybe not Raheny to Rathfarnham, but Phibsboro to Grafton St - no contest.

according to Dutton Cycles - Why Ride

- The average speed of an experienced cyclist in urban areas is between 15km to 20 km/hr. The average speed of a car during peak hour traffic is between 22km/hr to 35km/hr. Many people underestimate the time it takes to get somewhere in a car, and overestimate the time it takes on a bike. (CPF, 2007)

i recall talking to a friend about times it took (well friend was telling me) and for him, it was quicker to go on a bike because of where he lived and where he worked, there was changes he had to make on the buses and so the dublin bus to work was longer than cycling.

For me, driving is far the quickest as it's about 37 km there and back. However, on days I don't have the car, the bike takes about 30 min less than public transport and I feel super fit for an evening and can have a massive dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back