Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

Well, is it not over hitting a cyclist and then pretty much bragging about it in a tweet? That's pretty fucking bad.

I mean the reaction to this is moreso because of the tweet. This shit sadly happens all the time. The cunts in cars that hit-and-run are just that, cunts. They get caught sometimes and sometimes they go to jail or whatever. People might read about it in the paper, think to themselves, jaysus, what a cunt, then flick to see whats on telly.

my point here was that this person who did this thing is being villified beyond the norm because of the tweet, not because of the hit-and-run. People need to keep a bit of perspective here. Shes a cunt for what she (allegedly) did. But shes a complete fuckin moron (watch the telly interview and you'll see that). But its the act she (allegedly) committed in the car that people need to be angry about, not the tweet. The tweet was the act of a gobshite who is too young and stupid to know better. She should not be treated any better or worse than any other hitter-and-runner because of the tweet, but she is. Shes practically lost her job over this and has pretty much become a persona-non-grata, which is grand if thats how every cunt in a car is treated, but its not. People need to get a grip and focus on whats actually important. IMO.

DEATH BY BICYCLE

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I cycle past the Stillorgan Park Hotel everyday, in and out of work. On the hotel side of the road, there's a bus stop that drops passengers out into the path of cycle traffic. So, if a bus stops and people are getting off, I always figured the best thing to do is stop and let people get off the bus for a few seconds.
A lot of people just plough through at full speed as people are getting off. It's usually people in full cycle gear with a bang of 'cycle to work scheme' off of them. I can't believe how it doesn't cross their mind that if they hit someone, they could do some serious damage.

I actually saw a guy shout at a load of people getting off the bus on friday, as he ploughed through them doing about 20kmph

Came out of the cinema yesterday evening and someone had locked their bike to mine. That was at 8. Wait for about 20 minutes and then went to the pub across from the cinema where i had a view of my bike. Didn't come back to unlock it til 11:30. I'd had nothing to eat so I was drunk as a sailor by then

Came out of the cinema yesterday evening and someone had locked their bike to mine. That was at 8. Wait for about 20 minutes and then went to the pub across from the cinema where i had a view of my bike. Didn't come back to unlock it til 11:30. I'd had nothing to eat so I was drunk as a sailor by then

Hope you gave out to them

My worst (bike-locking) nightmare. Did you drunkenly emerge from the pub to berate this twerp?

My worst (bike-locking) nightmare. Did you drunkenly emerge from the pub to berate this twerp?

I considered it, but I think was an accident.
I could've gone out and had a shout but I didn't see what good it would do.

I would have had a bit of shout, felt great for a bit and then felt like a dick for being mean.
I read a book and a couple of beers, it was actually kinda nice.

bloody hell. that long ago? i'd assumed it was the last few months.

cliff in there replaced my frame for me once and did me a really good deal.

I'd say Cliff's been in Eurocycles on South William Street for about five years now. Still a great guy to deal with too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back