Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

If you go 16kmph which is slow enough it'll take a half hour? Not sure if thats your pace or not. Any way i do 10km cycle to work through the city stopping at lights and shit and it takes me a half hour on a bad day so you would be around that?

Cool. I have no clue of what my pace would be but that helps a lot. Thanks.

Cycling is the best exercise for health , because while cycling our all body parts participate and we stay healthy. Some days ago my weight is growing so fast so my uncle suggest to do cycling so after that day i am getting so fit and smart.

Cycling is the best exercise for health , because while cycling our all body parts participate and we stay healthy. Some days ago my weight is growing so fast so my uncle suggest to do cycling so after that day i am getting so fit and smart.

Hi Balon, I agree totally. Well done. And well done to your uncle

I saw that this morning and I have a major problem with it. I thought, what would I do if I was that cyclist? And I figured, I'd call yer one a prick, tell her to go fuck herself, then go on about my business. This gobshite though, decides hes fucking matlock and decides to argue the wrongs and rights of what happened and becomes a total intimidating fuckhole (bully was the word she used and I agree).

She was in the wrong, no 2 ways about that, but these pricks going around town with cameras on their helmets are just looking for aggro like this so they can record it and put it on the internet.

I've had manys an issue with many's a motorist. I never entered into a fucking debate with one though.

pair of assholes in this case.

I saw that this morning and I have a major problem with it. I thought, what would I do if I was that cyclist? And I figured, I'd call yer one a prick, tell her to go fuck herself, then go on about my business. This gobshite though, decides hes fucking matlock and decides to argue the wrongs and rights of what happened and becomes a total intimidating fuckhole (bully was the word she used and I agree).

She was in the wrong, no 2 ways about that, but these pricks going around town with cameras on their helmets are just looking for aggro like this so they can record it and put it on the internet.

I've had manys an issue with many's a motorist. I never entered into a fucking debate with one though.

pair of assholes in this case.

Obviously the dude is in the right and the driver is a dope as a point of road rules, but I would have thought that on a basis of "anything for an easy life" the thing to do in this instance, with traffic behind her already stopped the simpler thing to do would be to go around on the other side and call her an asshole while doing it. I wouldn't class his response or actions as bullying, he was standing his ground.

It's mental that there's any parking on a 2-way street that narrow.

I had my first near miss a couple of weeks ago as I approached a crossroads with the intention of turning right, a car overtook me just as I signalled to turn and started moving over into the centre. Maybe it was as 6 of one/half a dozen of the other situation as the driver was going very fast but perhaps I should have signalled earlier or waited a moment after signalling to move towards the centre. I checked behind me first, the driver was a good bit away at the time, I was surprised they caught up with me so quickly. On the way home I was imagining the fallout of a collision and the old "road tax" thing that the lady in the video brought up. I pay more than 300 a year in road tax (definately more than the person in the car that nearly hit me does) so I feel perfectly entitled to use the roads in whatever legal method I please, be it driving, walking my dog or cycling. But technically it's my jeep that's taxed, not my bike, and depending what the official reasoning for the application of a tax on road users (in terms of if it's ring fenced and pays for the upkeep of the roads or if it's classed as a fee for access to them) perhaps there should be some nominal fee placed on me for my use of the bike on the roads. Obviously I don't want to pay more tax but I mean it does strike me as somewhat inequitable.

perhaps there should be some nominal fee placed on me for my use of the bike on the roads. Obviously I don't want to pay more tax but I mean it does strike me as somewhat inequitable.

I don't. For the wear and tear a bike causes the roads, were the levy to be equitable, the nominal fee would be almost nothing (if not completely nothing).

I'm not for introducing a bike tax merely to stop motorists pedaling that as an argument when some altercation starts. The fact is theres no bike tax, even if you wanted to pay it, so its completely irrelevant.

My motor tax bill per year is almost 600 euro and I barely use my car. I think that more than covers my road use as a cyclist.

Cyclists do themselves a lot of good healthwise so they save tax coffers that way. Then theres the usual arguments about pollution, being more alert in work when you arrive, etc. All valid, but all unnecessary.

If a bike tax were introduced I'd pay it. I'd resist like hell, but I'd still pay it.

I don’t think your man was bullying her. Her screaming that she is being threatened because she is a woman on her own is bullshit as is the entirety of her argument. That would make me see red, but he didn’t take the bait. I have fallen at this hurdle many times before and abandoned a reasoned argument in favour of spit and profanity. I have had my share of run ins with dopes and back in the day, your woman would be driving home with one less wing mirror.

As I am now a re-formed cycle-rager, I would have just gone around her and patted myself on the back for being the better person.

I don't. For the wear and tear a bike causes the roads, were the levy to be equitable, the nominal fee would be almost nothing (if not completely nothing).

I'm not for introducing a bike tax merely to stop motorists pedaling that as an argument when some altercation starts. The fact is theres no bike tax, even if you wanted to pay it, so its completely irrelevant.

My motor tax bill per year is almost 600 euro and I barely use my car. I think that more than covers my road use as a cyclist.

Cyclists do themselves a lot of good healthwise so they save tax coffers that way. Then theres the usual arguments about pollution, being more alert in work when you arrive, etc. All valid, but all unnecessary.

If a bike tax were introduced I'd pay it. I'd resist like hell, but I'd still pay it.

Those are all good arguments against, and as I said it really depends on how road tax is actually described in law/regulation. If it's for upkeep (or even provision of things like cycle lanes) then it wouldn't really be all that justifiable because as you say the impact on roads by an individual bike is negligible. If it's for access to the roads then perhaps that's another thing.

again I don't know if its relevant but the tax is 'motor tax', not 'road tax'. If there were a road tax then, like you, though I wouldn't favour it, I'd be able to understand why it was in place and I would likely pay it.

if it was road tax, pedestrians in rural areas (were there is no footpath) would also have to pay it.

and then there's the other suggestion of number plates for bicycles? were would they go? the logical place is at the back of the saddle but to do this, you'd take away the back light meaning that it breaches rules and then there is the policing of the number plates anyway. how many illegible motor plates on cars are there? i notice many.

the issue with road tax or plates on bikes is that the paperwork would simply drive people off bikes (pun unintended). they should be promoting bike use, which this would just negate.

Yeah righteous internet lynch mobs are becoming a very common occurrence. Not so much Big Brother as just every body snitching on everyone else. The Stasi would have loved facebook/twitter.

I've been following that story. It shows how powerful and how dangerous social media can be. Her life is in tatters over this. Not over hitting a cyclist, but over the daft tweet she posted after.

Shes a dick for what she did but the reaction has been way OTT I reckon.

Well, is it not over hitting a cyclist and then pretty much bragging about it in a tweet? That's pretty fucking bad.

Her employer supports cycling and running events in Norfolk, so if I was her boss I would certainly come down hard on her. I'd regard it as social media weeding out a complete fucking eejit for all to see and she deserves everything she gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back