Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

why a bmx one? the vented ones might be a bit cooler on your head.

Maybe its silly but I just hate the look of them.

Scutter - thanks.

I rang CycleWays and they have this in stock: Specialized Covert Helmet

There are some similar ones on Chain Reactions - how do they compare:

Giro Flak Helmet 2012 €35

Bell Faction Helmet - Paul Frank €47.65 (am I just paying for the Paul Frank logo)

Bell Faction Helmet 2012 €41.50

Bullet T35 Helmet €30.74

thanks for your input Guys...

They're all much of a muchness. Measure your head circumference about 1 cm above the eyebrows and compare to the dimensions of the models.

I did the Halloween Bike Ride last night. It was fantastic. About 400 riders on a slow 18-mile ride around the city. Most people in costume, with their bikes in costume also. Dudes with bike trailers with full blaring sound systems. Other people with drum kits set up on their bike.
Anyone out front blocked off traffic for everyone else.

[video=youtube_share;pdeb9xL6OcM]http://youtu.be/pdeb9xL6OcM[/video]

Just so much fucking fun.

536404_10151298451866754_624091972_n.jpg

Started cycling again recently, this may be a stupid question ...

When you're peddling ideally how much resistance should you feel from the gears/chain? I see some people cycling and their legs don't look like they're working at all but I've always liked feeling as though I'm pushing against something a little bit. Is there a definitive way of doing it or is it just down to personal preference?

Started cycling again recently, this may be a stupid question ...

When you're peddling ideally how much resistance should you feel from the gears/chain? I see some people cycling and their legs don't look like they're working at all but I've always liked feeling as though I'm pushing against something a little bit. Is there a definitive way of doing it or is it just down to personal preference?

Personal preference.

Enough resistance that you can flow and every pedal isn't a fresh effort.
But not too little that your legs aren't flying around. Most people using gears find one that suits them best.

That said you should be spinning the pedals rather than pushing them so don't push and release, push and release but rather keep it at a constant smooth flow.

Hey thumped cyclists, where's the best place to get decent tyres in town, the Schwalabees that came on my bike are going a bit bald. They haven't had one puncture* so i want to replace them with something as good but not mad money.

*now that i've said that i'm sure to get one on the way to work monday

if you value your time and dislike being pissed off, I would recommend puncture proof tyres.

They cost a little more, but you are almost certain to never get a puncture. It's real 21st century shit.

I was able to get Gatorskins in Dublin. There's a few different kinds though.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/continental-gatorskin-700c

Chainreactioncycles.com up north is probably the cheapest place to get tyres.

I use Continental Ultra sports myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back