Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/pedal-power-comes-with-a-duty-for-all/

world papers of record dont really exist any more because in the internet the best strategy is to publish both sides of every argument and rake in the ad money.

I wish, however, that the push to get more people to use pedal power were accompanied by an equally aggressive effort to teach drivers to be more cognizant and respectful of those on two wheels who share their streets.

I love this guy!

Pretty amazing idea.

If you get bored, go to the three minute mark...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty amazing idea.

If you get bored, go to the three minute mark...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder how much impact it needs to blow up. You'd have people giving your bike a kick while you're at traffic lights and running off chortling all the time while your head is encased and you fumble about all over the shop, I'd imagine.

I wonder how much impact it needs to blow up. You'd have people giving your bike a kick while you're at traffic lights and running off chortling all the time while your head is encased and you fumble about all over the shop, I'd imagine.

Clearly wouldn't work in Dublin. You need one of those visible helmets.

Because of the flying rocks in Crumlin and such.

I'd imagine it probably works with an accelerometer (like you'd have in your mobile phone) embedded in the neck-brace.

It's a great bit of science, but a fucking stupid idea.

If you're so worried about head injuries, wear a fucking helmet. There are a million designs out there now. It's not all mushroom heads.

sweet day to be cycling past all the cars on the quays.

anyone signed up for the dublin bikes? im currently waiting on my annual card to arrive in the post. looking forward to hopping on when the fancy takes me without having to worry about locks. i bought a 3 day pass the other week to give them a try out first. hogs of bikes, but mad handy. i was fluting around town for 2 hours making sure i changed bikes before my free time was up. good fun.

sweet day to be cycling past all the cars on the quays.

those tall ships are a pain in the hole. I had to detour right through the middle of town cos the quays opposite the IFSC are all closed (and they were stopping bikes today - I cycled through there yesterday). Town is mad. Between welly-wearing David Guetta fans drinking vodka from coke bottles, to battle-weary sailors, empty after servicing the laydees of Dublin last night, to the poxy weather to the absolute gridlock, Dublin was a bit shit there this evening.

Cycling up Pearse st/Dame St/Georges st/camden st during a rushier than usual rush hour is not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back