Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

That's the worlds happiest inventor right there.

Personally, I think the future of mechano-human powered transport lies in some sort of fixed gear speedway bike. Why not.

Throw 2 pedals on that and you're away;
1970_Jawa_Speedway_Racer.jpg

Just got a new bike for free that was being neglected by it's former user. Much better than my previous one. .|..| Walkinstown - City Centre - Walkinstown : Round-trip 36 minutes. Thank fuck I'm back off the busses / walking.

Question is: It has quick release wheels. How easy / expensive is it to get them changed over to regular ones? It's kind of a pain in the hole if I want to leave it locked in town. Or am I wrong in thinking that even if I have them locked to the frame with a "wire" lock that some tit is going to release them and pull the shit out of them anyway?

It's super easy to change them. Just go into a bike and buy the allen key version. Somewhere between five and ten quid should sort ya.

Or am I wrong in thinking that even if I have them locked to the frame with a "wire" lock that some tit is going to release them and pull the shit out of them anyway?

Well I would always lock my front wheel to my frame with a u-lock, quick release or not. Then lock the back wheel, seat and frame to a rack. I have a ginormous Kryptonite chain lock for this purpose.

Watch Hal explain: http://www.streetfilms.org/archives/hal-grades-your-bike-locking/

The thieves gutted all the bikes at heuston station recently, anything not nailed down was gone. Even on the crappiest of bikes. My run around bike is ancient and not worth much money but still I want it there when I come back. In fact my locks are worth more than the bike. But less than the inconvenience of theft.

Vandalism is rare enough unless you leave it where a large number of drunk people are likely to be. E.g. outside supermacs on o'connell st. or Temple bar.

Cycled to Howth yesterday evening. Beautiful weather and on a great bike (not mine unfortunately). Very enjoyable altogether!

Wish I had a smart racer now.

I rode a Trek Madone 4.5 the other day. I had to wipe the drool off my face afterwards. Seriously tempted to buy one.

Well I would always lock my front wheel to my frame with a u-lock, quick release or not. Then lock the back wheel, seat and frame to a rack. I have a ginormous Kryptonite chain lock for this purpose.

Watch Hal explain: http://www.streetfilms.org/archives/hal-grades-your-bike-locking/

Thanks to that guy I not only give myself an A for bike locking, but I also stopped someone from stealing my saddle last night. Some motherlicker loosened it, but couldn't get it off the frame because I had it locked down. Thumped 1, Asshole 0.

Cycled from Dublin to the parents house in Longford on Tuesday (about 125km).

Did the last ten km on the rim of my back wheel, in the pissing rain, as I had idiotically set off with no spare tube or puncture repair kit. :eek:

My arse will never be the same.

Did the last ten km on the rim of my back wheel, in the pissing rain, as I had idiotically set off with no spare tube or puncture repair kit. :eek:

Tireless is the new fixed.

*Edit: Found it -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that video has made me think i need to go get a better lock

cycling around with three locks would be a total pain though..
does anyone lock their saddle in this town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back