Jaysus cycling! (11 Viewers)

good story flashback.cycled out to howth yesterday evening,round the head and back into town.that hill from the summit into the village is one of the best in dublin for bombing down although it did get a bit hairy half way down when i ran into road works,excellent fun though.

Anyone heading to do the Ring of Kerry cycle next week?

would love to. Just falls on a bad weekend for me personally. The tour of meath is on the same weekend.

did the first day of the border trek on saturday (couldn't do the sunday). Harmless enough spin really. Very flat.

One day I'll get my shit together to do the RoK. Its about 160km, right? Thats not too bad. Depending on the severity of the climbs I suppose, which I understand are steady and long as opposed to leg-breakingly steep (ala some of the hills in wicklow). And the scenery. That alone would make it worthwhile.

Next year maybe.

time cop started making some funny noises yesterday.
something to do with the pedals / gears.
normal cycling now has a loud clicking sound with every revolution, this gets worse / better depending on what gear i'm in.
but stand up cycling has around 400 loud clicks per revolution of the pedals.

:confused:

time cop started making some funny noises yesterday.
something to do with the pedals / gears.
normal cycling now has a loud clicking sound with every revolution, this gets worse / better depending on what gear i'm in.
but stand up cycling has around 400 loud clicks per revolution of the pedals.

:confused:

Sounds like you're bottom bracket is dying/dead.

nice one, have only had it for around a month.

is that expensive to get fixed?

Depends if it's fixable, either way it shouldn't be too expensive, dunno what the costs are these days though. Last time I got one replaced it was 25 euro. Is that a month from new?

i once had something similar - turned out the bottom bracket was flexing, and the teeth on the innermost chainwheel were rubbing against the chainstay. the more strain on the pedals, the more it flexed, and the more teeth which rubbed.

DUBLIN’S CITY bicycle scheme, which was to see 450 bicycles available for rent across the city from the start of this month, will not be up and running until mid-September, Dublin City Council has confirmed.
The council has been installing the bicycle “stations”, where users will be able to pick up or drop off bicycles, since the end of April. Their construction, which was contracted to developer Mick Wallace, was to have taken nine weeks.
However, while many of the 40 stations are now complete, construction of some has been delayed because the chosen location was over utilities, such as gas pipes, which were not discovered until the ground was broken at the site.
“It is taking a bit longer than we expected, and the way the computer system, which monitors where the bikes are and controls their release, works, all the stations have to be ready before it can be switched on,” a council spokesman said.
Most of problems surrounding the relocation of utilities have now been ironed out, but the council has decided to delay the introduction of the bicycles until a Sunday in mid-September, most likely September 13th, to allow it to have a launch event which would not clash with the GAA season in Croke Park.
“We plan to have staff from the council and JC Decaux all heading off together from the Civic Offices on the 450 bikes and dispersing to the designated locations. We’ll be closing some streets for it, so we’ve deliberately doing it early on a Sunday,” the spokesman said.
“The only thing on on the 13th is the camogie final, but that’s not until the afternoon and we’re planning our event for the morning,” he said.
The bicycles are being provided through a deal between Dublin City Council and advertising multinational JC Decaux. Under the deal JC Decaux will provide and maintain the bicycles in exchange for a 15-year permission to use outdoor advertising space in Dublin estimated to be worth €1 million annually.
The advertising panels, about 100 of which were granted planning permission last year, were erected last summer. When the scheme was proposed the bicycles were to be made available once the advertising was erected.
However, the council took several months to find suitable sites for the stations.
The council originally intended the bicycles would be provided free, but it could not find anyone to run a free scheme. The bicycles, which will be available 5am- 12.30am seven days a week, will be free for the first 30 minutes of use, the next 30 minutes will cost 50 cent. There will be an increasing scale of fees for longer periods of time to encourage frequent return of bicycles to the stations.
Frequent users can buy an annual membership for €10. Non-members can also use the bicycles by giving a credit card number.

load of bollox.

at least it'll be in for the winter.

i'm in irel;and next week.. looking for a good 2-3 day cycle with camping.

any suggestions?
Wicklow mountains / blessington lake area? Back every evening to Dublin to go on the lash?

Or the Ring of Kerry. The official ring of Kerry cycle is on tomorrow. They have a map on here that you could follow whenever you're home - http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie.

I had an awful day today. So I said I'd cheer myself up/expend my energy with a cycle. So up Edmondstown Road I did trundle. When I get to the very very top.....one of my jockey wheels falls out.

I had to freewheel all the way back to Rathfarnham and walk from there. Humiliating.

Broken Arm: How's about the Aran Islands? Inis Mór is bigger than it looks. Or a tour around Wicklow taking in Powerscourt, Laragh, Loughnaquilla, Blessington lakes etc. along the way, and then finishing up back in Dublin. You could easily fill 3 days that way.

don't think so.

but even if you did, it was worth the retelling

nice wan

except I normally hate lads on motorbikes. Ones in cycle lanes in anyways

ah yeah.

I was offline there for a while. Having a baby and all that jazz. Babies are deadly by the way.

Ah no though, I usually find a bit of two wheeled comradary between myself and the motorbike couriers. I drive a bike too, so I suppose I might be bias.

Some lads are cunts obviously, but on the whole I find my hatred best channeled towards all things with greater than 2 wheels.

I used to actually know a few biker couriers around Dublin, back in my hectic working in the inner city youf. Some of them were genuinely nuts lads.
A few of them told me the way I drove scared them a bit, which I took as a huge compliment at the time.
That was until I would lie awake at night, replaying the day, wondering how I had managed to not be dead yet. And when someone asked me how many crashes I had, and I didn't know, although I knew the totals of all my basic categories of crash.

I was fairly sure the total was not triple digits.

I haven't crashed here for... like... months.
I crashed on the way home from passing my US Motorbike Driving license. That one is in its own category.

Ah sure.

Anyway. Story lads.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/1192150038.html

-
Being made in the 80's may make something cool, but that doesn't automatically make something good. The reason that no one has ridden that "vintage" Murray is because it's shit. It was shit in the 80's, a trend it carried proudly through the 90's, and rallied with into the '00's. What I mean to say is, no, I can't make it work better. It's still shit, even with more air in the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

• jimmybreeze
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back