Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

well, i didn't think a new frame would be that different in geometry. i imagine it'll mean new pedals and shoes. they never mentioned it in the shop, not that i know whether they should have done or not.

Oooooh, i thought you ran into something, and pranged the forks back.

That's not so bad. You can get some snazzy nu shoos.
I need a pair. My commute ones are bollixed at this point.

i did run into something - and had to get a brand new frame:

p5226779ps7.jpg

I think I'll put this one down to complete stupidity on their part. It was a couple in their 40-50s. They looked lost and confused. I think they got the message when they saw me taking pictures. Had it been some arrogant tool or boy racer I would definitely have reported it, for what good it would have done. I dont think the Irish will ever grasp the concept of the cycle lane. That side by side cycle lane and pedestrian path is a pain in the arse. Given the choice, most pedestrians will prefer to walk on the cycle section. I'm sure it's the same in most places.

Given the choice, most pedestrians will prefer to walk on the cycle section. I'm sure it's the same in most places.

Ahhhh, falling for the old 40 and confused line yeh big sap yeh.
Mate of mine lives out in Shankhill by the tracks, and lads come driving past the gaff on the bit of ground on bikes all the time.
Its fucking hilarious. Lads on CBRs and shit, standing, bouncing all over the shop.

I learned the hard way that Copenhagen and Germany in general takes their cycle lanes very seriously. No one steps out on them, because they know they are heading for a slap.

I think I'll put this one down to complete stupidity on their part. It was a couple in their 40-50s. They looked lost and confused. I think they got the message when they saw me taking pictures. Had it been some arrogant tool or boy racer I would definitely have reported it, for what good it would have done. I dont think the Irish will ever grasp the concept of the cycle lane. That side by side cycle lane and pedestrian path is a pain in the arse. Given the choice, most pedestrians will prefer to walk on the cycle section. I'm sure it's the same in most places.

it seems to be the case alright. I've recently started cycling to work. I go through the Pheeno and can't believe the amount of people strolling/walking/pushing buggies in the cycling lane!!! If you give them a heads up they just look at you. They don't seem to grasp the concept at all. twits.

an alsatian dog i think comes out to chase me when i cycle past it's house. i don't know, i worry it'll get a jump on me and attack me. today we came close to colliding, an inch in it, i pulled on my brakes came to a complete stop and nearly catapulted myself off the bike, at this point, it ran back to it's own house without touching me.

Dogs dont seem to get the idea that a person on a bike is a person, on a bike.
They just see it as a single entity, that is their mortal enemy.

jaysus, saw it on the telly before on them programmes about 'britain's worst drivers', etc. but i never thought i'd see it in real life.

was cycling through a busy junction on the way to ballymun this morning where two pairs of lanes merge into four, with cars crossing all over the place to get into the right lane before the lights.i was making my way slowly down the correct lane carrying a heavy load of stuff for work when i notice this red car turning into me side-on from my left. it comes close and then swerves back out again. when i turn to look at the driver she has one hand on the wheel and another clutching a powder brush. i pass her at the lights and she passes me again after them. both times she's still putting on her make up.

maybe she wants to leave a beautiful corpse.

an alsatian dog i think comes out to chase me when i cycle past it's house. i don't know, i worry it'll get a jump on me and attack me. today we came close to colliding, an inch in it, i pulled on my brakes came to a complete stop and nearly catapulted myself off the bike, at this point, it ran back to it's own house without touching me.

If you can, spray some water at it. They hate it and it should be much more effective than a kick to the head!! Also, if you feel threatened or whatever I would report it to the dog warden.

jaysus, saw it on the telly before on them programmes about 'britain's worst drivers', etc. but i never thought i'd see it in real life.

was cycling through a busy junction on the way to ballymun this morning where two pairs of lanes merge into four, with cars crossing all over the place to get into the right lane before the lights.i was making my way slowly down the correct lane carrying a heavy load of stuff for work when i notice this red car turning into me side-on from my left. it comes close and then swerves back out again. when i turn to look at the driver she has one hand on the wheel and another clutching a powder brush. i pass her at the lights and she passes me again after them. both times she's still putting on her make up.

maybe she wants to leave a beautiful corpse.

fucking bitch. i gaurentee you as well if you brought her up on it she'd look away and ignore you. women don't admit fault in a car...EVER.

fucking bitch. i gaurentee you as well if you brought her up on it she'd look away and ignore you. women don't admit fault in a car...EVER.

I know you're obviously trying to get a reaction out of the women on Thumped, but I can testify that this very week a woman apologised profusely for opening the door of her car in front of me (on my bike), and asked if I was alright, even though she didn't hit me or my bike. Maybe women drivers only ever admit they were wrong to other women? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back