Jape On Pitchfork (1 Viewer)

nah listen i don't really mind to be honest, but you know the way you start thinking.. fuck maybe i could get a load of money for this..

i have more songs than fucking floating! like one more..

heh

ok!
couple days ago i posted about not getting a penny for my song on home and away.
but if a song you've written is played in any venue bigger than about 1,000 people you're in for big bucks (seriously).
same goes for any national tv or radio.
my experiences were in the uk where the prs have teams dedicated to each.
not sure what the imro situation is.
worth checking out!

ok!
couple days ago i posted about not getting a penny for my song on home and away.
but if a song you've written is played in any venue bigger than about 1,000 people you're in for big bucks (seriously).
same goes for any national tv or radio.
my experiences were in the uk where the prs have teams dedicated to each.
not sure what the imro situation.
worth checking out!

did you write the music for home and away!!!??!!!

just a track used in the background. it was covered by ash who had a deal with mushroom in australia and blah.....

Jesus, I can't believe they haven't even sent you a nice gesture. Scabby pricks! They're making money off your back. That shit really pisses me off. REALLY!! I'M GONNA BLOW!!! BAAAANNNNGG!:mad:

yo cheers i don't really think it means that much in the great scheme of things but.. heh heh..

here check this out, it's fucking mad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb5_hau3I4s

raconteurs doin floating on what looks like a tv show?

amount of money i have received for them covering the song?

zero..

do they get paid to play it?

i betcha they do..

don't get me wrong i'm glad they do it i just thought i might get a couple of grand out of it or some shit.

maybe the cheque is in the post..

come to gig in whelans on saturday night!

x

richie

Remember that time I said I wrote the Buzzcocks' 'Ever Fallen in Love"?

Well I didn't

I'm sorry :tongue out

Apart from that, nice one Jape.

seriously lads no more of that thanks.. i wrote the thing three years ago. some random dude decides to put it up on pitchfork.. it's not like i did anything.. cheers all the same but i'm embarrassed now..

richie, if i was you... next time they play in dublin, head to the gig with a bunch of your mates... send a message back stage that jape would like to say hi and hang out and stuff... then you go back stage with your mates and beat the shit out of them.

this will...

(a) get you an incredible amount of street cred in indie rock circles - may lead to increase in record sales...

(b) give you a weird sense of satisfaction followed by undeserved and unwanted pangs of guilt for years to follow... may lead to decrese in record sales due to you turning up to all your future gigs blind drunk because of said guilt... OR...

(c) get you a support slot of their next world tour which may lead to a sideways shift in potential record sales

i dunno, your call man.

seriously lads no more of that thanks.. i wrote the thing three years ago. some random dude decides to put it up on pitchfork.. it's not like i did anything.. cheers all the same but i'm embarrassed now..

ah richie, it's hardly a random occurance now is it. Big band covering the song, just signed a deal.. that's all deadly and excellent.. but hardly random. You've worked hard for the attention and it's deserved. Accept it.

Just watched that youtube thing. Funny stuff. 4 lads doing their pubrock version of yer song to 473 X the number of punters liable to be at Whelans while they do the .|..| hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back