It's tense in here! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
youre-hired_michael-scott_0000007501_20060920143802.jpg

It's not me

Holy fuck. Just a paycut, and a way smaller one than I expected. Wow. That wasn't so bad. Wonder who it is? In an open plan office, all avoiding one another's eyes ...

OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF A SICK PLACE DO YOU WORK IN WHERE PEOPLE ARE TAKING THEIR EYES OUT AND THROWING THEM AROUND THE PLA...oh, right

glad you didn't get canned, egg!

Same thing happened in place. first we were asked to take a pay cut,then asked to take a second pay cut and then found out that 12 of us are being made redundant anyway!Now everyone in work is in a pisser and the atmosphere stinks.Glad you didn't get canned egg, wish I could say the same about me....

hey egg, get up and take off all your clothes, a la Nelly, that should cool things down

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Same thing happened in place. first we were asked to take a pay cut,then asked to take a second pay cut and then found out that 12 of us are being made redundant anyway!Now everyone in work is in a pisser and the atmosphere stinks.

The people leaving won't be leaving more than 52 weeks after the initial pay cut will they?

Yes we will, which we found out today is illegal so our redundancy will be based on our original salary according to a legal eagle!

You'd better be sure of that. The reason I asked was because there was a thing on the radio that I was listening to earlier in the week where a similar question was asked and the answer given was that if the person had taken the pay cut more than 52 weeks before leaving then their redundancy entitlements are calculated at the lower rate.

You'd better be sure of that. The reason I asked was because there was a thing on the radio that I was listening to earlier in the week where a similar question was asked and the answer given was that if the person had taken the pay cut more than 52 weeks before leaving then their redundancy entitlements are calculated at the lower rate.

mmm conflicting info.the whole thing is a mess but i'm sure it will get sorted soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back