isobel campbell (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
anyone else go? Eugene Kelly instead of Mark Lanegan and they finished with 'Son Of A Gun'. some songs were a bit boring like but for the most party i enjoyed it. the Sugar Club was packed too.

...lanegan!!! he'll make the rekkid with her [mind he grew his hair so he's hardly recognisable on the cover] but he wont be caught dead with her in public. i'd put bets on that some of the crowd went cos they thought old whiskey would be there himself. god bless that man!

I quite enjoyed this too, although I agree some of the songs were kinda pedestrian. Eugene Kelly and Son of a Gun was a nice bonus, but the cover of Willows Song was the highlight for me. Naked wall slappingly good.

oh, hi wheels.

waving.jpg

Didn't think much of the gig tbh. A few good songs here and there, but mainly it was just boring. Ham Sandwich weren't bad though. Don't like the Sugar Club when it's packed.

Wheels said:
I quite enjoyed this too, although I agree some of the songs were kinda pedestrian. Eugene Kelly and Son of a Gun was a nice bonus, but the cover of Willows Song was the highlight for me. Naked wall slappingly good.
Wheels not only let out an audible gasp when this song started, but he actually whispered "Oh my god" :p He was less than impressed that i had never heard (of) the wicker man soundtrack...

(I've just downloaded it wheels - tis wonderful... must rent the movie...)

I enjoyed bits of the gig. She's a talented woman - but not a very strong front-person... voice just gets lost a lot of the time. I can imagine the album is probably better - with production and yer man and everything. I liked the bongo boing drum, plucky plink guitar, soary woo voice song... what was that called?

ballad of the broken seas with lanagan is cool.
just checking it out now. for such a contrast they work so well together.
nice stuff.

I love that album. But I live in an alternative universe where that sort of folk/country muzak is at the top of the charts. Mark Lanegan's voice is great on it.

It was also made with funding from the Scottish Arts Council... wish the arts council here would do stuff like that.

Only started listening to 'Hawk' this past while (it was released about 6 months ago I think). Anyway its really good. She played here after the first 2 albums she did with Lanegan. Fingers crossed she comes back again.

I started a thread?! don't remember that. anyway, saw them at Bowlie recently. The bits with her were a bit boring, the bits with him were really good. Where they both sang together was grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back