Is there anything good on in town tonight? (1 Viewer)

Twsited Pepper tonight is pretty good value.

Doors 7:30p.m. for "cirque de lumiere" -

"CIRQUE DU LUMIERE is aimed at showcasing some of Dublin’s most promising up and coming musical talent, in a more creative and artistic environment. The event, themed as a paradox on its name CIRQUE DU LUMIERE (circus of light), is to be a mysterious, quirky carnival atmosphere with vaudeville and bohemian influences. Musicians will be joined by burlesque style hostesses, eclectic street performers and eccentric staff. Not what you see at your average gig! This is more than just bands on a stage!!!"

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/other/2010/feb/08/cirque-du-lumiere/

The 8 euro admission price will also get you into the later gig if it's electronic music of a high calibre you're after :

Breakage makes a welcome return to Dublin touring his new album The Foundation on Shy FX's Digital Soundboy Recordings.

Gamepak returns to the Mezz with another night of music from and inspired by videogames, with live chiptune performances, bigscreen retro videogaming, 8-bit visuals and more.

Breakdown Band also in full effect - hard to define them musically - there's 2 Dj's , live drum action and whatever else is to hand on the night !

More details and advance tickets here :

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/mud/2009/nov/04/mud-reach-present-breakage/

I'll be at tuneyards if you want to hang out and be cool ?

Thanks John but I'm not even nearly cool enough for that, I'm barely scraping by at a Twisted Pepper level right now.
Which is where I might be if you make a run for it later Jill. Watch out for hand sniffers.

Thanks a lot cathalorourke, next time can you put age guidelines on the gigs? Apart from the parents, we were the oldest people there by about 10 years. And when you say burlesque style hostesses I expect women in tuxedo jackets, not a guy in a Phantom of the opera costume.I'm pretty sure one of the bands sang about PMS. I was left with no choice but to drink till it was fun and missed the last nitelink, home 20 mins and I still cant feel my toes properly. Also i dont think I can go to near the National Art Gallery for a while. Thanks.

still reeling from that text message riath.

I believe the phrase is 'LOL'.

Oh I'd forgotten about that, pretty sure I sent it to 3 or 4 others before getting the right person. Ah should be fine, not like I'm going to see my old driving instructor again.

Samuel L Jackson didn't really have a lot to say that would be considered interesting on Thumped.
Latin Music USA on BBC4 flattered to deceive.
Rubbish night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back