Is Fibber's Actually Going to Turn Into a Decent Venue?!? (1 Viewer)

Didn't read metal Ireland thread, but I know that they're refurbishing the downstairs and turning it into a venue to fit around 300 people.
So yea, it could turn into a pretty decent venue.

Fibbers is alright as far as venues go, the sound is decent and there's no stupid pillars, it would actually have been good if it wasn't dingy and smelly and didn't have the smoking area beside the stage.

I was down there the other day, a lot of work is being done.

Pillars have been taken out, floor lowered, knocking walls, they're building a stage where the bar was and duplicating the gear thats upstairs (which is good gear).

It'll be cheaper to rent as you won't have to pay the girl at the door to take money, this'll have to be done by someone organising the gig as with most other venues. It wont be possible to sneak in through the beer garden either so it does sound promising as a venue.

Also with all the work going on down there the smell should be sorted out to.

Supposed to be ready before the end of the year.

nice one! but i fukin used 2 go in 2 the gigs there early so i dont have to pay, cant fucking do that now!

Yeah, I though Fibber's wasn't too bad for gigs, Gandalf gets a lot of stick
but he's always done a better job of the sound than most venues of that size.

All this refurbishment jazz sounds good, I wonder how much it'll be to rent when it's done though...

Edit: Just read this -
It'll be cheaper to rent as you won't have to pay the girl at the door to take money, this'll have to be done by someone organising the gig as with most other venues. It wont be possible to sneak in through the beer garden either so it does sound promising as a venue.

Gandalph's a fuckin' top notch sound man. He deserves a lot more respect than is shown by gimpish posters on metal ireland- the guy is dedicated to delivering the best he can from his gear-he's almost savant like in his MO. If you don't get it you should just fuck off and don't play the venue.
I've never played a multi-band bill and seen every band get an equally good mix like he has delivered on my occasions in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back