Is everyone play Indie in Dublin area? (1 Viewer)

Thanks

Thanks for advise. I will have a look there.
Regarding to question : Do I think Ireland is rubbish?
If you are thinking about cleanest aspect. The answer is yes. Poland is not obviously even better. May be just a bit more clean if you want me to be honest. Of course you can not compare it to Sweden.
If you talking about culture , people. The answer is not.
It is lovely country.
I have not seen that tv movie where someone trying to prove then Poland is rubbish. It remained me some movie about Poland . I had seen that on Irish tv just before Poland joined European Union. There was about polish farmers and how pour is Polish typical village. I was shocked. You have to look long time to find what Irish director show as a typical day in Polish village. It is politics.
Do not believe them.
Check it by yourself
Thanks to all again for information and links.

you're dead you
sg_2006_mooner_lisa.jpg

I got impression Indie / In Poland we use to called it British pop? is the only style of music which is played in Dublin,
Is that any fusion jazz or progressive style played in Dublin area?
Is there anybody interested to join our band.
We have got good respond from musician in different country/ ALEX ARGENTO,CITRINITY/ but only few from Ireland. /LLUTHER/
WHY???
CHECK US ON
www.myspace.com/blindsking
We are looking for competent bas player and singer.:confused:

Hi Jacub, I can see how you would think that by listening to Irish radio and watching Irish tv. Many bands are derivative and just want to sound like someone else.
This happens partly because they want to "make it", get a record deal and get out of Ireland and it often seems that the best way to do that is to appeal to the mainstream (copycat) market in America.
Some of the posts by members on this board weren't very nice, and I don't agree with them. People tend to be pretty defensive on here because they're trying not to be mainstream or something like that.
As someone else said many musical tastes and genres are enjoyed by people who post on here, but how could you know that just by looking at this section?
Anyway if you go to the search section of the site you might find threads talking about bands or genres of music that you like. This site can be a good way to have humourous or entertaining discussions about music and other things but be careful sometimes people put humour before fairness or good manners.

No offense to any regular posters but I think you'd have to admit it's true.
I thought some of the comments on here were too close to racist and I don't like that and I don't think Thumped is about that.

Funniness about music is all good but poking fun atsomeone's nationality/English phrasing is crap.

No offense to any regular posters but I think you'd have to admit it's true.
I thought some of the comments on here were too close to racist and I don't like that and I don't think Thumped is about that.

Funniness about music is all good but poking fun atsomeone's nationality/English phrasing is crap.
Bang on

TRUE

True
I place my add before several time. The only respond : time wasters. I have never got any helpful advise or link until ,this time .
So … I had to cheat a bit. I involve all of you in a small game to show me
the right direction. People mean information. I had use on the beginning term “British pop” because I know how sensitive you Irish are about that. The funny story is, this is the origin term used by Polish critics to describe music presented by bands as Oasis, Cold Play etc.
So … I did not do anything wrong . It is all about some of you. How you read the meaning of the words. I presumed there are going to be a people as Shane-o and some racist comments but how long they are 1 meter from my face is good. From other side I suspect to hear something from people as Sweetie, MrT, petethdrummer , cephalopod …
Thanks to you guys . I have found already the way.
This was my first time I have ever used forum and probably the last.
Regards
Jacub
Ps. Something from me as a debt of gratitude
Some Polish musician you may like : Warsaw Village Band
Zbigniew Preisner
Krzysztof Scieranski
Vader
+ something from Ireland ‘’Dead Can Dance’’
/ Non of Irish guys I have played with so far have never heard about them/ they are from Ireland . /All can be found on myspace/
or
you may not.
If someone want to visit Poland say Cracow this year for example ,this is link for cheep
apartments in centre of Cracow. Prices from 39 euro per person per apartment. I have used it . Worth to recommend.
www.sherp.com.pl

I hope I am not going to be any more on the top of this forum. I will try to delete that topic if it is possible as soon as I can.
Good luck to all who like me searching for untouchable happiness ,,music’’

Goodbye

Re: TRUE

Some Polish musician you may like : Warsaw Village Band

Fantastic band. Been spreading the word about those dudes for a couple of years now.

+ something from Ireland ‘’Dead Can Dance’’
/ Non of Irish guys I have played with so far have never heard about them/ they are from Ireland . /All can be found on myspace/

Half Irish, half Australian. Brendan Perry is from county Cavan but Lisa Gerrard is from Melbourne. Never really mentioned in the press as being Irish so it wouldnt register in with most people that they are. Which is unusual for this country given that we cling desperately to any international acclaim sprinkled in our general direction.

I've re-read this thread and I can't find anything racist in it. There's slight xenophobia possibly, but nothing serious or said to seriously insult. In fact, the main source of xenophobia comes from the first post in the thread.

To be racist is obviously a horrible thing. I hate any form of racism. To be accused of racism in the wrong or have others take the moral and politically correct high-ground when there's no need is almost as bad. You people need to get a grip.

What's shit about thumped these days is name dropping and sanctimonious nonsense.

Jacub said "you have a balls". Surely we're not so neurotic as to not find that funny? Has anyone ever seen Fawlty Towers?

Good luck with finding a band Jacub. I like your music. It reminds me of Isis. I think Dead Can Dance are great. Good luck to you if you don't post on thumped anymore. I'm thinking of doing the same.

Here, Jacub, listen I dont think people were meaning to be really nasty. True, making fun of people's English is weak. And its probably not clever to start ripping the piss out of lads on their first post.
That's what thumped boards are like though, more or less everyone takes the piss a little bit.
Thumped is a deadly resource, its free, and it works very well. Pete has set this whole thing up almost precisely for people like yourself.

I know some of the people here in real life and they are about the most lovely people you could meet. And they know loads about music.
Lots of different kinds music.
Seriously. Lots. If you are a bit fucked off with what you have seen so far, this is definitely a good place to look for another scene.

So, I think you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face a bit if you have nothing more to do with Thumped, and you are interested in playing your music in Ireland.
Equally, you telling us about things that are happening in Poland, (like you already were saying above there) or with your mates is interesting for thumped.

Re: TRUE

Fantastic band. Been spreading the word about those dudes for a couple of years now.

Half Irish, half Australian. Brendan Perry is from county Cavan but Lisa Gerrard is from Melbourne. Never really mentioned in the press as being Irish so it wouldnt register in with most people that they are. Which is unusual for this country given that we cling desperately to any international acclaim sprinkled in our general direction.

Nah, Brendan Perry is not from Cavan. He's lived there for a few years though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Perry

I can not delete the topic I created or I do not know how?

So If I can't. I may ,from time to time let you know what is worth to see in Poland. I mean music and art . I am not really good with the other subjects.
There are a lot going on on summer time mostly for free or for very little money. You can spent all summer to traveling from one to another festival.
I have a look what is going there and I will let you know guys.
Shane-o you are ok!
Me and my family suffer from restriction by UB / kind of KGB/ secret service in Poland for long time so taking a bit of piss from me is really nothing if I compare to that.As you probably know Poland had different political vision before 1989.
Regards

man those Lluther dudes are so very Nine Inch Nails. I mean Reznor would probably think they were his outtakes or something?! still.. as replicates go, it's seriously well done. but even down to the lyrics. it's mental. anyway.

is this thread real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back