Is everyone play Indie in Dublin area? (1 Viewer)

Jacub

I got impression Indie / In Poland we use to called it British pop? is the only style of music which is played in Dublin,
Is that any fusion jazz or progressive style played in Dublin area?
Is there anybody interested to join our band.
We have got good respond from musician in different country/ ALEX ARGENTO,CITRINITY/ but only few from Ireland. /LLUTHER/
WHY???
CHECK US ON
www.myspace.com/blindsking
We are looking for competent bas player and singer.:confused:

I got impression Indie / In Poland we use to called it British pop? is the only style of music which is played in Dublin,
We have got good respond from musician in different country/ ALEX ARGENTO,CITRINITY/ but only few from Ireland. /LLUTHER/
WHY???
CHECK US ON

Why?? Maybe because people who play fusion jazz should be locked up with the chefs who serve 'fusion' food. Try New Orleans or Barcelona.

I would read that offensively but you are talented person. Even if this is offensive I forgive you. I had a look on your website.
Regarding Barcelona search for JUNO REAKTOR .He lives there.
What I wanted say is : There is no mater what style of music you are present . The point is how you present it! Most of bands are the pure imitation of popular pop Indie bands. The British and American musician influence is huge in Ireland. I could call it musician brain bondage. There are plenty of musician styles on the world . Some of them are called metal the other jazz. I have listened plenty of bands whose music is called as jazz but sound like ambient or alternative metal. So people search for new!!!
Do not look just on MTV.
Regards for you ‘’cephalopod’’ looks to me you have a balls.

I think you need to open your eyes and ears a bit more. The musical taste on this board in extremely varied. You're preaching to the choir, dude.

Exactly, my response was based on your original message which I felt had a condescending tone (especially the part referring to the British sound). I think you will find the people on Thumped are into all sorts from norwegian death metal, to ketamine house, to yes, jazz fusion. Reach out! If I based my perception of what was the current popular sound in say, Cracow on the basis of my former Polish house-mates musical taste then I would say that poodle rock, ethnic-instrument based techno with horrifically pitch-shifted vocals, and ska/skate metal were the only popular sound. I'd obviously be wrong though. i'm sure you've been messaged by interested parties on your offer already.

Good luck Jacub.

Tell me about it.
Put it this way there 10 indie smidie bands for every 1 doing something even vaguely different.

WHY???
CHECK US ON

that metal isn't very progressive

fuck it, I only like pop music anyway

Conclusion

Ok, guys.
It was only simply question but most of you barking on me as a dogs.
Put it this way. Couple year ago I had opportunity to sign a contract with Sony Music Poland. At that time I played main stream of pop –new metal sound. Unfortunately for me it was not only group who had some interesting in me. The other was ARMY.
In Poland it is still obligatory to make that service.. So … I had 3 options. Spent 1-2 years to learn how to kill others or go to jail or … I escaped to Ireland with 70 euros in my pocket with little English skills to reach for better life. What I have founded? Maybe the money but I have loose the passion I had before.
Just a bit of depression I would said.
I was just thinking loudly to myself. Did that option was good?
Sorry to all whose feelings were hurt .
We foreigners are attack by main stream MCdonald culture in Ireland. It is hard to find
unique things on your every day walk. The underground culture is hidden. I know YOU ARE THERE.
I think is the same like in Poland.
There was no chance to evolve music industry in Poland because of large labels who protect the market. It is very specify there.
I will take your advice and move my ass in places I have never been.
Regards to all of you!
Jacub

Hmm.

It depends what we are talking about? I am not going to be nationalist and defend my country. There are plenty of things wrong. From politics, law an music of course.
But when I came to Ireland I thought this is the country to be closer to paradise.
After while I notice you have the same amount of problems just they are different nature.
Conclusion then Poland is crap is obviously incorrect. It is lovely country same as Ireland. You just have to know where to go and what to listen to. We know because
We born there. Find a nice polish friend and go with him. Make sure he has the same taste as you. We are basically open minded people.
I would love to see more culture integration between Polish and Irish guys.
At this moment that integration is very pure.

Re: Hmm.

It depends what we are talking about? I am not going to be nationalist and defend my country. There are plenty of things wrong. From politics, law an music of course.
But when I came to Ireland I thought this is the country to be closer to paradise.
After while I notice you have the same amount of problems just they are different nature.
Conclusion then Poland is crap is obviously incorrect. It is lovely country same as Ireland. You just have to know where to go and what to listen to. We know because
We born there. Find a nice polish friend and go with him. Make sure he has the same taste as you. We are basically open minded people.

i dunno, i just saw a documentary about how rubbish poland is on telly a few weeks ago. do you think ireland is rubbish?

Re: Hmm.

Oh my gad. look throught the General and Eirecore parts of the forum not the 'musicians wanted' if ya want to find out what peoples tastes are. There's a Polish lad called Skubol who runs a distro and posts here, he might be able to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back