Is belle & sebatian sold out tonite aswell?!!! (3 Viewers)

i got one of the setlists and it has a few things where there are choices between what they play..

one was fox in the snow instead of meat and potatoes..the other was dirty dream no.2 instead of somethin else that i cant remember this minute..i only wish they had played judy and her dream of horses at the end...that would have made it perfect..but it was defintely as good as the olympia gig which i was pleasantly suprised at...and the dancin....|..|

tin robots said:
did anyone go tonight(monday)? pretty great apart from a fuckin' awful thin lizzy cover,ruined the whole show for me!!!

haha yeah it was a bit dodgy alright but funny. they played a proper rockin' version of 'the boys are back in town' a few years ago that's available online which is cool.
oh and there was me marvelling at how good the sound was thinking the ambassador had improved dramatically in recent times...ah well at least i won't be going back there for ages. hopefully.

ye in fairness whiskey in the jar was pretty awful... good gig though...not spectacular but highly entertaining!

Charlie Bucket said:
tis a complete lee & nancy rip off/tribute/pastiche from the bits i've heard...

Isobel Campbell+Mark Lanegan -'black mountain'
Are we going to blinking Scarborough Fair... anyone?
Well it ruined it for me.

brakes were fuckin rotten...

there was a dude a few people up from us in the front row goin mental to them..like rockin out big style..

He He, I met Stevie's dad afterwards with his sister (your nieces granny) turnes out he spilled snakeybusses pint...

Julie C in Road reckoned they'd brought their own PA system, which was why the sound was so good. Dunno about that. Some fancy lightsing.
Sleep The Clock Around, Cuckoo and Judy/Horses were deadly.
Some cacky new ones though.

tin robots said:
did anyone go tonight(monday)? pretty great apart from a fuckin' awful thin lizzy cover,ruined the whole show for me!!!
They always do that. i mean they play a cover of some band from the town they are playin in. I saw them 2 nights in a row in L.A. and they played a Love song one night and they played a Mamas and Papas song the next night and jaysus that Isobel Campbell is a stuck up fat cunt. Read somewhere they are glad to be rid of her. She never spoke to us once the whole way downtown in the car. you'd swear we were fuckin taxi drivers or somethin!

old said:
Julie C in Road reckoned they'd brought their own PA system, which was why the sound was so good. Dunno about that. Some fancy lightsing.
Sleep The Clock Around, Cuckoo and Judy/Horses were deadly.
Some cacky new ones though.

saw them in belfast again last night and yeah it was actually the same PA. the gig wasn't very good though. the crowd were for the most part dead. i've never seen so many blank faces in the front 3 or 4 rows of a big gig like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back