Is all the best music American? (2 Viewers)

egg_ said:
I don't buy many CDs, but Mike if you're losing faith in UK music you should get "Boy in da corner". Makes my hair stand on end
I can't see how naming a record that is two years old is going restore anyones faith in current UK music??

the best music in the world is from mali.

but, i think the real question is why is there no real bands any more? led zeppelin, so many people went to their shows. BUT they were a quality band, no one can deny that. now, english bands just try to copy them or parts of them or parts of the no wave scene from NY in the 70's.

seriously, the age of giants is gone. we're living in the age of pretenders. the only real band is the ex and they're not even young.

what's my point? will there ever be an original rock band like led zeppelin who will capture people's imaginations like they did? will most of the people ever like something genuinely good again? i'd like to think so but i doubt it. the wave broke and rolled back. it's hard to find anything sincere these days - that's why i have so much trouble simply living. sometimes it's torture. then you go to an ex show and you're ok for another few months.

the end.

i dunno. in 20 years people will probably go on about U2 the same way some do Led Zepplin. I'm sure back in the day the zep were called all sorts of shite.

Anthony said:
i dunno. in 20 years people will probably go on about U2 the same way some do Led Zepplin. I'm sure back in the day the zep were called all sorts of shite.
that's horse shit and frankly, i'm surprised at you. fake metal lady.

what about Nirvana.i know i'm gonna get my head eaten off for this but i think they were amazing and captured the imagination of each and everyone once upon a time

hermie said:
what about Nirvana.i know i'm gonna get my head eaten off for this but i think they were amazing and captured the imagination of each and everyone once upon a time
everything after negative creep was bullshit. heart shaped box? ask my cock.

snow machine said:
i
Oh Canada has given us: leonard cohen, godspeed you black emporer, fly pan am, neil young, joni mitchell but best of all celine dion .|..| :D
a

Here sont forget byran adams. hes dreamy..
Canada has produced quite a few of my favs..
But arent we forgeting our own musical warriors

:) :) :) ASLAN .|..| .|..| .|..|

wheres me smack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back