Is all the best music American? (3 Viewers)

lorcanzo said:
you can't rule out anything from anywhere though.

oh I'm not ruling anything out. I just noticed that all the music I had listened to, recently,was American.

It's the golden age of American indie right now, I think. Which leads me to believe that it's not the cultureless void Europe likes to think it is. Not yet anyway.

MominskoHoro said:
well this is easily the stupidest thread i've ever read
i thought you were smart and shit, mike?

andrew

I dunno, maybe it's one of those threads that seems really stupid but is actually really smart?

you're sound, andy!

Wilbert said:
I agree with Snaky!

Go on, the yanks!

They gave us Pavement, Talking Heads, Ben Folds (Five), Steely Dan, The Band, The Flaming Lips, Jim O'Rourke, Sparklehorse, Tom Waits, etc.

Please don't add to this list, as I have checked it, and it is complete! ;)
ok. now. what qualifies as american.. the band were 4/5ths canadian. is ahnging around in america enough to quailfy you as american, like, uh, the thrills, or just having and american member like, uh, bobby pulls a wilson, or just sounding american liek uh, all your shit bands? i really wanna know.

andrew, you are right. as ever.

I listened to "This must be the place" about 30 times the other night - over and over and over again. it was bliss. fucking love talking heads.

You're assuming that "music" means white mans rock and indie ? This is one millichip of what "music" is - but yeah, I think that the best rock bands are by and (ergo) large, American. Hail to the thief !

no, "music" is what I'm listening to these days, and I'm asking other people what they think. I am asking the question is all - hence the question mark

yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look

It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back