Irritating Go-Gos question (1 Viewer)

There waa an early incarnation of the Go Go's called the Misfits. Belinda Carlisle/Dottie Danger,Charlotte Caffey and gina Shock were all in the band but the name later got changed to the more familiar Go Go's.

Is that what you were after or was there another?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Is that what you were after or was there another?

Could be: the name of the band isn't even on the tip of my tongue - it just came up in conversation at the Curfew night and I've been drawing a blank ever since.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
or it could be the Eyes. Who DJ Bonebrake of X also played in.

Do the kids of today know how fucking good X are, or are they one of those well kept secrets these days?

That's all I can come up with now. I could possibly find out more if need be though.

X,such an increible band. don't know how many people here would be familiar with them at all.

The australian X is also amazing.

I've heard the US X and like em. Is there a decent comp or classic album to check out? at the flat last week we also concluded that White Flag are totally underated as well.

There was an X comp that came out in the last year or so,but to be honest you should just go for the first 4 lp's,all have been reissued with tons of extras recently and should be easy to find. The vinyl of them all should be cheap enough as well. the first one was booted about 4/5 years ago for some odd reason.
Gorilla Angreb are great but not like X.

On the not often enough touched subject of The Go Gos and White Flag, it should be interesting to note that Pat Fear of White Flag co wrote a song with Charlotte Caffery and kathy Valentine of The Go Gos and it appears on The Go Gos last studio album as a bonus track.

Of course its only on the Japanese CD version. Typical that.

xiknowitsoverx said:
White Flag are totally underated .

indeed they are,the "flipside" and "suicide King" 7"s are pure pop class.
that 7" they did with Dave Naz from Chemical People, "Different Light", that song is insanely good as well.

yeah that record is awesome and the song they did with tesco Vee is awesome too. whats the 7 inchs they did with the guy from the Adolescents like?
Baron did that White flag Lp you ordered arrive? I'll txt you when I'm back in belfast.

xiknowitsoverx said:
whats the 7 inchs they did with the guy from the Adolescents like?
QUOTE]

It's good,they cover "Young Girls" and "Demolition Girl" both great songs. The sleeve is a spoof on the first Adolescents lp sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back