Irishwoman wounded in Jenin gunfight (1 Viewer)

(AP) - Israel on Saturday said its troops fatally shot a U.N. official during a West Bank firefight with Palestinian gunmen because he had what appeared to be a gun and because Palestinians were firing at troops from inside the U.N. The army released its preliminary findings into the Friday gunbattle in the Jenin refugee camp, saying Palestinian gunmen had used the U.N. compound as cover to fire at Israeli troops who were searching for a wanted militant.

I was listening to Radio 1 on Friday afternoon (I think) and they had this woman on the phone just after she had been shot ... and then they cut her off cos they were running out of time and went to the FAI results.

Let me reiterate - an Irish woman was shot by Israeli soldiers as she was tried to stop them shooting some children. RTE had her on the phone just after the incident and they cut her off.

I'm very happy I have never paid for a TV licence

Originally posted by egg_
I was listening to Radio 1 on Friday afternoon (I think) and they had this woman on the phone just after she had been shot ... and then they cut her off cos they were running out of time and went to the FAI results.

Let me reiterate - an Irish woman was shot by Israeli soldiers as she was tried to stop them shooting some children. RTE had her on the phone just after the incident and they cut her off.

I'm very happy I have never paid for a TV licence

Guardian did a feature on her today. 2 pages tabloid worth in G2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back