irish nme??? (3 Viewers)

Oh fuck sake. This is a good thing.... Seems to me that Irish bands will get some coverage now when they release an ep/album/single other than in Hotpress.
It's the biggest anti-climax for bands to put so much time and effort into recording something or organising a tour and then only getting a paragraph in HP or something equally non-effective cos there's nothing else out there.

yeah that's true but it's an even bigger anti-climax when the same darlings get mentioned in this rag every week. to me this is 'same same no change' etc.

that's what i'm hearing anyways.

hhhhmmm not too sure about that, was talking to some folks who (should) know at the weekend

though it was specualted when they launched NME Eire that they'd get as much press as they could, have a few NME v's Hot Press pieces, a couple of phone in shows as much press as they could get and then scrap the whole thing, the NME 'brand gets' lots of press for the cheap outlay of printing a few thousand 4 page sections and stringing everyone along for a couple of months

ALLEGEDLY!!!

Regardless, these things usually come down to money...so i reckon combination of lack of sales/lack of ad revenue? As the english one has proved, shiteness has had no effect on lack of revenue
yeah money (lack of) would be the main cause agreed but
how would you explain lack of sales then?

my guess is that because the irish section was so small, it only takes a quick skim from the potential reader/buyer in local newsagents...who might not have bothered reaching the counter with the mag... it's all about incentives really

They were after going down in sales and revenue before they ever came here is what I heard but it may not be fact.

Mixed feelings about it really. It would have been nice if they did a bit more Irish reviews and stop conning people into thinking it's 8 pages (most of which is a gig section and advertising). They took a few of our writers too. Still twas nice to have something (branded) representing the Irish scene.

Is it definitely gone tho?

Anyway. www.drop-d.ie is where you should have a look at something more Irish and non repetitive. We don't bring you the same acts all the time and bring you a pretty good quality read. Have a look and see what you think.

still saw a good few newsagents that only carried the regular nme though
hmm...stranger and strangerer

For the last few issues, it hasn't said "NME Ireland" on the front, but just "NME" and then "including Irish section" in little writing.. maybe that's it.

Surely they can't be losing money? It's mostly adverts, and it's not as if the magazine is free.

Has anyone noticed how slow they are to review gigs? Usually a month, or more..

For the last few issues, it hasn't said "NME Ireland" on the front, but just "NME" and then "including Irish section" in little writing.. maybe that's it.

Surely they can't be losing money? It's mostly adverts, and it's not as if the magazine is free.

Has anyone noticed how slow they are to review gigs? Usually a month, or more..

they do dig their adverts, especially if it means the stock goes up...
stk_home_bus.jpg

;)
- leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back