Irish Begrudgery: A National Treasure (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Hello. I'm just sitting at home, cogitating over the Irish and it's attitude. Many collections of dorks have come together and created some inspiring collections of removed bitternes and begrudgery to create literary amusement for us all. Tonight, my focus has been drawn homeward, because Thumped is bemoaning the local indie success. The threads here have reminded me of the moanyhole contribution they have made to the pool of tired old wah wah wahing we have available to us. Thankfully for me, it's still a relatively unknown site and I can read it in my cosy home with quick and easy access to the internet. I don't know if this will continue to occur, but I feel I should count my blessings for tonight.

i was accused in work of hating all irish bands that make it. The bands this man was referring to were: U2, Van Morison, the cranberrys, Enya and some other shite. I told this person i didn't hate these bands because they were irish, i hated them because they are shite and just because there are millions of spas out there that buy their music doesn't mean in my eyes they are good. This man is musically retarded IMHO but my opinion isn't worth shite to anyone but me.

anyway it's good to hate certain musics because let's face it there's a lot of shite about and it distracts us from real stuff

The bands this man was referring to were: U2, Van Morison, the cranberrys, Enya and some other shite. I told this person i didn't hate these bands because they were irish, i hated them because they are shite and just because there are millions of spas out there that buy their music doesn't mean in my eyes they are good.
In fairness just cos millions of spas out there buy their music doesn't mean they're shite either. U2 and Van Morrison might be popular but by the same token have come out with some great albums. I'll give you The Cranberries (still enough folk gave 'em credit for the first album) but even Enya's had some very bearable moments. All IMO.
Still, if they don't float your boat that's fair enough.

jarrydhayne_wideweb__470x213,0.jpg

In fairness just cos millions of spas out there buy their music doesn't mean they're shite either.

Yes it does because there are thicks out there that will buy what ever they are told to buy by some fucking shite mag or what their mates like

U2 and Van Morrison might be popular but by the same token have come out with some great albums.

No they haven't. cop on you fool.

I'll give you The Cranberries (still enough folk gave 'em credit for the first album)

the people that give the cranberries credit for their first album are people that think because someone irish does something that is half popular abroad it should be respected. Bollix, they are shite and everything they spew out their non-talented holes is gash

but even Enya's had some very bearable moments. All IMO.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. the best thig enya ever did was give up her front garden(on a compulsory purchase order, so she had no choice) for the widening of the road from the graduate pub to the ballybrack dual carriage way. she's a gee bag.

ps this is all IMHO

Yes it does because there are thicks out there that will buy what ever they are told to buy by some fucking shite mag or what their mates like

No they haven't. cop on you fool.

the people that give the cranberries credit for their first album are people that think because someone irish does something that is half popular abroad it should be respected. Bollix, they are shite and everything they spew out their non-talented holes is gash

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. the best thig enya ever did was give up her front garden(on a compulsory purchase order, so she had no choice) for the widening of the road from the graduate pub to the ballybrack dual carriage way. she's a gee bag.

ps this is all IMHO

!baggyyyy

Fuck this. DeBurgh is Brazilian.

Pity he doesn't get a brazilian on his eyebrow.

'Tis all about taste.

And I'm glad my taste is different than everyone else's.

We don't all want to be riding the same bird*, do we?

(*or /bloke (delete whichever is applicable to your taste))

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back