Ireland Voted best place in the world to live... (1 Viewer)

lorcanzo said:
in fairness. really?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4020523.stm

should we stop going on about the luas and stuff so?
britain :29th
france :25th

its mad eh?
not to moan but I can't find the index they used in the assessment. because I doubt they included the poverty index, environmental quality, average commuting times, public money use etc

but there is loads of deadly shit about Ireland. you just have loooooooook for it

broken arm said:
not to moan but I can't find the index they used in the assessment. because I doubt they included the poverty index, environmental quality, average commuting times, public money use etc

but there is loads of deadly shit about Ireland. you just have loooooooook for it
ah yeah, i love ireland. i'm just not crazy about dublin.

broken arm said:

they took in things like income, divorces, family breakups, and stuff.
it's amazing that its apparently so much better than Britland...
i can't afford a house or a car here, and i'm worried about getting ill incase of the cost and would love to slive somewhere more artistially cultured.

but it seems i'm already there.....?

there is so much that will be left out of the analysis.

any i shouldn't talk as im probably exiting this country in a few months. :rolleyes:

broken arm said:

any i shouldn't talk as im probably exiting this country in a few months. :rolleyes:
where you heading? i've worked out that i can pack in me job around march next year so it's rome or barcelona by may of next year.

yeah...theres a lot of things you take for granted living in Ireland. Like not getting shot.

People are going to do no end of moaning over this, it's programmed into us, but the survey says so and they looked at all the other countries and this is what they've come up with. They have a better idea about economies etc.
I think decades of emigration has left a deep sense of far away hills being greener and now we don't see what we have.

broken arm said:

I'm reckoning on doing something similar and hightailing it out of here for a while.

Ireland's grand. Dublin is a lot smaller than it thinks it is. Wicklow, Waterford and the west coast are excellent.

hag said:
where you heading? i've worked out that i can pack in me job around march next year so it's rome or barcelona by may of next year.
well i have applied for jobs in rome, london, brussels (yes, EU shit) and berlin. so I don't know yet.

Gong Farmer said:
I'm reckoning on doing something similar and hightailing it out of here for a while.

Ireland's grand. Dublin is a lot smaller than it thinks it is. Wicklow, Waterford and the west coast are excellent.
kerry and donnegal are AMAZING and VERY BEAUTIFUL. dublin's full of pricks and mediocre bands who think they're great. ha ha ha ha, shut up.

hag said:
*gulp* london? (loosens collar...)
yea I know I know, it is just because of the type of work in looking to get into. more available in london. (and I can keep doing some freelance design work to supplement NGO and charity wages !bing)

also looking into doing voluntary work, maybe in russia etc

broken arm said:
yea I know I know, it is just because of the type of work in looking to get into. more available in london. (and I can keep doing some freelance design work to supplement NGO and charity wages !bing)

also looking into doing voluntary work, maybe in russia etc
didn't aoifed do some of that? i could take london for a small while, maybe 6 months max. it's too big for my small ireland mentality. i'd actually recommend bristol for a while, it's sweet as a nut. lots of music/art/animation/graffiti etc. there's a microplex here called the cube, run completely by volunteers - shows amazin' films and runs gig and clubs. peeps are hella friendly here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back