IRELAND IS THE BEST... (1 Viewer)

Is that a bazooka on the table, behind the white ace?

COOL
139388171_463242d5f3.jpg

My Hero

Attachments

• v40.jpg
    v40.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 26
  • v41.jpg
    v41.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 23
  • v42.jpg
    v42.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
  • v43.jpg
    v43.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 27

That look more like a M72 LAW rocket launcher than a bazooka to me

m72law-1.jpg

Bazooka indeed...

From Wikipedia

"The bazooka is a man-portable anti-armor rocket launcher, made famous during World War II, where it was one of the primary infantry anti-tank weapons used by the United States Armed Forces.

The word "bazooka" is often informally and incorrectly used to refer to any shoulder-launched missile weapon."

'Bazooka' was the bubble gum brand they had with their rations(USA). And because it popped just like the sound of the rocket launcher they nicknamed it "Bazooka".

Actually it's just general knowledge. I'm a fuckin ace when it come to table quizzes. And I'm full of just random facts just like; Did you know? that the ears of a cricket are on its front legs just below the knee.

Too bad they don't have a general knowledge exam in the leavin . . . yet!

I think you'll actually find it's actually called the Bazooka because a chap named Barry (Baz) originally converted a whipped cream maker into a rocket launcher, and on doing so, ran about the place in excited fashion shouting "ooka, ooka!!". ACK-tually

That sounds about as plausible as any of the above explanations.... and it paints a much more interesting picture...

That look more like a M72 LAW rocket launcher than a bazooka to me

m72law-1.jpg

Bazooka indeed...

From Wikipedia

"The bazooka is a man-portable anti-armor rocket launcher, made famous during World War II, where it was one of the primary infantry anti-tank weapons used by the United States Armed Forces.

The word "bazooka" is often informally and incorrectly used to refer to any shoulder-launched missile weapon."

Ah yes, I acknowledge my mistake, like when someone calls a vacuum cleaner a hoover or a P.A. a tannoy, extremely annoying to pedants everywhere, your correction was well justified, I concede defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back