IRA lay down their arms,what does this mean? (1 Viewer)

Re: Jaysus - IRA ARMED UNITS TO STAND DOWN

rothko said:
Note what they didn't say:

No promise to disband completely

No apology for 30 years of violence*, community control, intimidation through punishment beatings/forced exile, drug dealing and murder

*the troubles in Northern Ireland have killed over 3500 people with more than half of them attributed to the IRA

Apologise for defending OUR country.....

Apologise for trying to take back land that was stolen from us.....

Apologise for community control????? OUR communities, which we have no control over, that’s in the hands of the british government now.

Apologise for murder? There is no such thing as murder in a war.

It's very convenient to put the IRA down to be a terrorist organisation and ignore the last 800 years of history and choose to view just the last 30.

If someone invaded your country, pillaged your land, raped your women and killed your men, would you just sit back and let them have it or would you stand up and fight for it?

Maybe your people don’t know the history of Ireland; maybe your ancestors haven’t lived through famine, terror, unemployment and immigration. Maybe your country has never been invaded by trespassers trying to claim your hard earned goods for their own. Maybe your country hasn’t been repressed, their language robbed, their culture diminished and their national identity torn apart. Maybe ye don’t have pride in your nation. Maybe you don’t think this is something worth fighting for?

If it was your home, your mother, sister raped, your brother, father killed and all your wealth and means of living taken, to what extreme would you fight back?

Warfare is an ugly thing but when someone attacks you all there is to do is fight back.

Maybe there is such a thing as being too politically correct. An eye for an eye, is it not? How can someone invade your land and not expect some retribution?

But we don’t want revenge; we just want what is rightfully ours. We want our land, our nation to be one. The british government has unveiled thousand fold the terror on our people than the IRA has or ever will have on them. The war is over and we have lost, they own our land. But was it not worth fighting over?

realitycheck said:
Apologise for defending OUR country.....

Apologise for trying to take back land that was stolen from us.....

Apologise for community control????? OUR communities, which we have no control over, that’s in the hands of the british government now.

Apologise for murder? There is no such thing as murder in a war.

Ha!! So murdering catholic women for going to the aid of a dying man isn't murder? Blowing up shitloads of people in Omagh isn't murder?

realitycheck said:
Maybe your people don’t know the history of Ireland; maybe your ancestors haven’t lived through famine, terror, unemployment and immigration.

I'm fully aware of the history. My great grandad spent years on a prison ship in Lough Neagh. It pisses me off when people use history to try to and defend the disgusting actions of the IRA.

that is a cut and paste job.

no normal person selects times new roman in their post.

broken arm said:
that is a cut and paste job.

no normal person selects times new roman in their post.

yes they do.

Oooh did anyone see the poster the shinners have at the moment, it is based on the make poverty history logo except it says make partition history. pretty snazzy, eh?

spiritualtramp said:
My great grandad spent years on a prison ship in Lough Neagh. It pisses me off when people use history to try to and defend the disgusting actions of the IRA.

your great granda was a warden I'm assuming then ? hardly one of them terrorist boyos was he ?

spiritualtramp said:
It pisses me off when people use history to try to and defend the disgusting actions of the IRA

while the original poster who you are replying to is fairly obviously a muppet, history does actually play a pretty large part in who and what the IRA were. Most people debating from a republican standpoint won't use history to "defend" the IRA but will use it to frame things in context. Although context is something you consistantly omit from your anti-republican diatribes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back