ipods: "repositories for stolen music" says someone getting money from zune (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Universal Music CEO says iPods are "repositories for stolen music"

Universal Music Group CEO Doug Morris is the latest tech exec to call iPod users thieves. Ballmer started it. Then came Glaser - who also dared call His Steveness "pigheaded." The comment was made in the context of the UMG boss stumping for Zune and applauding Microsoft's agreement to pay (protection money extortion) royalties (to the bag man Universal) with every Zune sold.

About the iPod, Morris said "These devices are just repositories for stolen music, and they all know it,. So it's time to get paid for it."

kinda like the way blank tapes were repositories for stolen music and then cd-rs. we're just catching up with the times Morris!

290655448_13e9430632.jpg

the vintners association made a statement in the last while about how the alcohol crisis theyre always talking about in the news was due to people drinking at home now because of the smoking ban. if people drank in pubs more often then the publicans could keep an eye out and ensure people drank responsibly!

that was just as an aside.

According to the O'Reilly Factor, its much more serious than that. Much more.

O’Reilly: iPods Are Endangering America:

I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/20/oreilly-ipod/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back