a letter from music industry... (1 Viewer)

RAD-ALARM said:
i think that person meant on touch and go...

i know i haven't bought a new touch and go release since the last shellac album 3 years ago. southern lord is an infinitely better label!

t&g have tried to muscle on in the "THE"/nu postpunkfunk bands...didn't they release some yeahyeahyeahs ep? and TV On The Radio? their offshoot label Quarterstick is deadly tho - Rachel's!!! .|..|

Guns 'n' Roses shouldn't have made the spaghetti incident, ruined christmas.

heavy for heavy sake is bullshit... so is *funny* hiphop. wow, what word did 50 cent use to describe his bitch moaning? wow, that's fresh. *so* gonna say that next time a barman makes me wait too long, gonna say it to the guy stading beside me then cover my mouth laughing... heh, stupid barman.

RAD-ALARM said:
i think that person meant on touch and go...

i know i haven't bought a new touch and go release since the last shellac album 3 years ago. southern lord is an infinitely better label!

AlphaRelish said:
emmm... *child* ... i haven't come across too much evidence of innoconce in willy's books... :)

:rolleyes: Referring to the hyperactive high on skittles aspect. But no, there's not too much innocence in his work. So your work would be an innocent Will Self then?

ummm, it's more of a split personailty thing, surprise surprise... the 'characters' kinda flip without warning or provocation. in a good way. never gonna let anyone read it though... unless they is someone i never met before... gonna use dingle as my test bed... "hey, my pal in dublin worte this, what do you think?" "as the divil's my witness, be gorra jaesus, i'm dyin' for a sup..." "but the book...?"

Psychotic no 2 said:
:rolleyes: Referring to the hyperactive high on skittles aspect. But no, there's not too much innocence in his work. So your work would be an innocent Will Self then?

AlphaRelish said:
heavy for heavy sake is bullshit...

heavy for heavy sake?
uh it's a metal label!
i only mentioned southern lord more as a pointer as to what direction my tastes of gone in...

rachels is the most eye rolling music ever.

andrew

i was just talking about heavy shit... i've talked to you about this before... you can have the heaviest shit in the world but if it doesn't even give off a whiff of the faintest melody, it's bullshit... like standing in the same spot with one of those machines that plough up the ground but never moving, just ploughing the same piece of dirt, over and over... that's the difference between sightings and lightening bolt... oh crap... :(
RAD-ALARM said:
heavy for heavy sake?
uh it's a metal label!
i only mentioned southern lord more as a pointer as to what direction my tastes of gone in...

rachels is the most eye rolling music ever.

andrew

AlphaRelish said:
like standing in the same spot with one of those machines that plough up the ground but never moving, just ploughing the same piece of dirt, over and over...

Yeah, but are you able to see the inside workings of the machine?

AlphaRelish said:
i was just talking about heavy shit... i've talked to you about this before... you can have the heaviest shit in the world but if it doesn't even give off a whiff of the faintest melody, it's bullshit... like standing in the same spot with one of those machines that plough up the ground but never moving, just ploughing the same piece of dirt, over and over... that's the difference between sightings and lightening bolt... oh crap... :(

aye we have had this conversation.
i think the only similarity between lightning bolt and sightings is they're on the same label....anyway. i like mad noisy shit, you don't...!

you should get totally wrecked and listen to SUNN O))) or something. you'll like it then. swear.

andrew

hey! wait a minute... everything's just fallen into place! everything makes sense now... boy oh boy, i'm going to take that bath i've always wanted... not going to be shy in front of girls any more... not going to be ashamhed of what's in my head... i can see inside my own machine, it's better than i'd ever imagined!

:)

Psychotic no 2 said:
Yeah, but are you able to see the inside workings of the machine?

dude, *everything's* deadly when you're stoned... i want the quiet moments of a party girl or something...

RAD-ALARM said:
aye we have had this conversation.
i think the only similarity between lightning bolt and sightings is they're on the same label....anyway. i like mad noisy shit, you don't...!

you should get totally wrecked and listen to SUNN O))) or something. you'll like it then. swear.

andrew

AlphaRelish said:
dude, *everything's* deadly when you're stoned... i want the quiet moments of a party girl or something...

I beg to differ, I watched the entire double double bill of Friends on E4 last night (thats 2 HOURS!) I was stoned silly, all on my own... most depressing evening of my life...

Pantone247 said:
I beg to differ, I watched the entire double double bill of Friends on E4 last night (thats 2 HOURS!) I was stoned silly, all on my own... most depressing evening of my life...
Yeah... "Pantone" is right. This girl isn't too happy at being stoned:

Attachments

• stoning.jpg
    stoning.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 25
huh? joey? joey from friends and being stoned = not funny? r u nuts?

Pantone247 said:

Pantone247 said:

um...

hey! who's logging in pretending to be me, posting these lies

I was at some deadly trendy gig last night... being deadly... probably

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back