Ipods on the bus (1 Viewer)

Arthur Peanut

Website
www.eathamsandwich.com
Just noticed today on the bus that the people you least expect to be mp3 savvy or have such an interest in music that they need 40G's of space are most of the people with Ipods. What could they possibly be listening to?

How many britney or george michael songs can you fit on an I-pod and how did they get mp3-smart?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

She has a built in ability
To take everything she sees
And now it seems I’m falling, falling for her.
She seems to have an invisible touch yeah!
She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart
She seems to have an invisible touch yeah!
It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

Phil never could quite make it with the ladies could he?

never underestimate the power of mass marketing. after all isnt the ipod aimed at those people who wish to stuff britney and george inside their tiny white box and keep them on permanent loop. 40gigs of the same song is an impressive feat

Arthur Peanut said:
Just noticed today on the bus that the people you least expect to be mp3 savvy or have such an interest in music that they need 40G's of space are most of the people with Ipods. What could they possibly be listening to?

How many britney or george michael songs can you fit on an I-pod and how did they get mp3-smart?

Those people........ Damnit they just don't deserve iPods, do they? They're nowhere near as cool as you are.

mp3-smart? Yeah, you would need a degree or a phd to figure out that kind of thing.

Give people a break, Mr. Judgy Von Preach!!

But he has a deep social conscience at play throughout much of his material. An innate inner sense that through his bands delicately crafted MOR, we can all make, like, a difference.

"This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we’re given
Use them and let’s start trying
To make it a place worth living in."

Deep.

Alan Latchley said:
But he has a deep social conscience at play throughout much of his material. An innate inner sense that through his bands delicately crafted MOR, we can all make, like, a difference.

"This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we’re given
Use them and let’s start trying
To make it a place worth living in."

Deep.
and the video for that song had all the Spitting Image puppets in it. Controversial.

People in Belgium seem to love their Phil, was there for a bit last year and heard him about 50,000 times in the space of about three days.

And there was Air on Maiden doing Jesus he Knows Me.

Yeah, I have to admit 'Against All Odds' is a very moving piece of music. but are you saying that these people are just like that guy from american psycho? That they listen to their iPods as they commute from apartments filled with horror to offices in the IFSC?

A lot of people seem to buy ipods only understanding their function as a fashion accesssory.

People who are genuinley into music are more inclined to do a bit of research and end up with one of the better ones (iriver etc)

I think you should have to pass some kind of music exam before you can even attempt to buy an MP3 player over 256MB. Its just not right.

Dagnabbit. My ipod is a fashion accessory? But that goes against everything I stand for. How could this be happening?

FancyGoods said:
A lot of people seem to buy ipods only understanding their function as a fashion accesssory.

People who are genuinley into music are more inclined to do a bit of research and end up with one of the better ones (iriver etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back