ipod without itunes? (1 Viewer)

Going forward, that would be a material consideration. However, optioning exercises pertaining to such brainstorming have not been concluded at such a preliminary juncture.

Can you bottom line that for me? Operationalise without offloading by the COB, or you're Bangalored.

lots of good builds here. no one has mentioned the 300 lb gorilla in the room though....someone needs to action/delegate that in the interim.

yamipod works well but wont work for the iTouch players (unless it's been updated since I last checked)

I've heard the foobar one works well but whatever add-on I found at the time wasn't compatible with my version of Foobar.

Rockbox is firmware so it will completely alter the workings of your iPod. I'm sure it can be reversed but you'd want to be pretty tech-savvy before messing around with it.

iDump is also a good program for copying files from an iPod to a computer.

Personally I stick with Creative products.
Highlight folders, right-click, add to player. Simple.
Only MP3 related problems in my house is when friends bring iPods over to be filled.

getting a new 120 gigawatt ipod in the next couple days. am not too enamoured of using itunes. anyone have any experience of using the foobar ipod manager? any use? anything else out there?

also, id it possible to keep an ipod synced between two computers, i.e., work and home. is this possible? some extra bit of firmware perhaps?
dunno about syncing

but i did put the rockbox os on my ipod a few weeks ago
its pretty cool, way more functions than an ipod
making playlists/queuing stuff/eq
loads other stuff too

also you can just drag and drop stuff on to it too

seems like you can sync too:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxSync#Welcome_to_Rockbox_Sync
would imagine you sync with 2 computers

That's because apple made it so you can't do "illegal" stuff with the ipod. To keep the record labels sweet for the itunes store.

Nah, if I wasn't so adamant about keeping that itunes bloatware abomination off my computer it would be fine.

Apple will let you infringe whatever copywrite you wish if you're willing to deal with their propriety bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back