iPhone 6? (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a bit worrying

Eyebrow-raisingly, therefore, the iPhone 6 Plus renders a 2208x1242 display downscaled to 1920x1080. It’s much like viewing a multi-megapixel image in Photoshop at less than 100 per cent to fit it on your screen. As in Photoshop, a smooth resampling algorithm is used so that nothing looks jaggy. But there’s no integer ratio between a pixel designed by the software developer and a pixel on your iPhone 6 Plus screen. That’s something the fragmented Android world has long tolerated, but it’s new to perfectionist Apple.

Technically, meanwhile, the 2208x1242 to 1920x1080 scaling is so obviously suboptimal that the iPhone 6 Plus feels like a stopgap, launched to establish a class of device before the technology had been fully worked out. It doesn’t seem fanciful to wonder if, like the iPad 3, it might be rather speedily replaced.

Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density • The Register

This thread has made me want to get one. I'm actually wondering how the buy yourself out of a contract malarky actually works now. Thanks Pete!

@ann post give me a sensible talking to, stat!

6plus is too big, stupid size. Might as well talk into an ipad. I think it's one for the handbag.

it's not that much bigger than an S5

meanwhile

iphone6repairkit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back