iPhone 6? (1 Viewer)

I have a 5, the lord phone I'm interested in is for a small person who dropped their 3GS yesterday and smashed the screen

there's a place in one of the industrial estates up around ballycoolin / rosemount that'll do a replacement 3GS screen for €30 or €35

I'm thinking of doing it myself, there's a kit you can get for €6. Though small person thinks this is a sign that a new phone should be gotten.

I'm thinking of doing it myself, there's a kit you can get for €6. Though small person thinks this is a sign that a new phone should be gotten.

fuck that, get a man in and have it done properly

small person is probably right though

My mate, did the DIY route.

he's now doing it for loads of folk on facebook. he said its easy. even if said small person wants an upgrade, you'll get a better trade in.

Dunno about the 3GS, but the DIY route on the iphone 4 is not easy. those phones are nuts inside, and it's *so* easy to break other stuff in the process. in replacing a home button i managed to break the speaker, which ended up costing twice as much to repair.

not worth the hassle

I've watched a few youtubes of people doing it. Looks easy. anyway I've ordered the thing. Nothing to loose. If I bugger it up the phone will just end up sitting in a dock on a stereo.

I am a 34 year old, affluent nerd and I’m sticking with my old-ass iPhone 4. Why? Because I don’t want my new phone to bend? Because I want a phone my whole thumb can reach? Because Steve Jobs said phones should be phone-sized? Because I’m a luddite with a long-term memory problem?

Naaaah.

It’s because this phone is fucking awesome.

Why am I Using This Shitty iPhone 4? — Medium

hqdefault.jpg

so much fnarrr in one review

The WIRED iPhone 6 Plus Review: Too Big to Fail, But Not to Bend | WIRED

This comment sums it up

Here are the main excerpts from this article:

It’s hard to blame the people who want to touch my ______. I mean, it’s so big. Now, I’m a big-ish ______ guy. For a couple of years now, I’ve listened to ______ people laugh at my big-ish, 5-inch A______. But once you go get used to holding a big unit in your hand, it’s impossible to feel satisfied by something smaller. When I use a ______ or ______ now, the ______ (and especially the ______) feels cramped. Even the ______ feels a little small to me now...And that’s good because I cannot wrap my fingers all the way around this thing. It’s just too wide...There is another advantage of going big: _____. I am hard on _____.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back