in your opinion is there a good reliever for a hangover? (1 Viewer)

didnt believe all that shite about electrolytes or that before but after necking a 600ml bottle of lucozade sport one morning it sorted me right out. wont get rid of the headache (SOLPODIENE!) but will get rid of that wrecked body lethargic feeling. also boil 7up/coke/etc. as an alternative if yer a cheapo.

didnt believe all that shite about electrolytes or that before but after necking a 600ml bottle of lucozade sport one morning it sorted me right out. wont get rid of the headache (SOLPODIENE!) but will get rid of that wrecked body lethargic feeling. also boil 7up/coke/etc. as an alternative if yer a cheapo.

24 cubes of sugar in a bottle of Luco apparently.

i find as you get older, the hangovers are a nightmare. I get two day hangovers now after maybe 4 or 5 pints.I reckon it's payback for being able to drink ridicualous amounts and escape hangover free in my teens/twenties.

Well, as you say, there's no actual cure, but sex & alcohol definitely help a lot, and if you can't get sex, then a load of wanks. But actually, I found that in mid teenage years it was grand, no bother, half bottle of vodka and not a bother the next day. Then from about 19 to 23 it was harsh. But after that it's taken some serious damage to give me a proper hangover, also because some of the 5-7 day alco-narco binges made my idea of a "bad hangover" become fairly fuckin atrocious. If it's beer + whiskey or rum alone / wine alone / clear spirits alone, and so on, then it's fine, but when you mix them is when the pain comes. Also, having a big bottle of water beside you when you crash, or else gulping down pints of water before you hit the bed, if you're able to. Other than that, eating before you go on the lash, not mixing drinks, and not keeping it up more than 2 days in a row leads to easily-dealt-with hangovers, personally.

Well, as you say, there's no actual cure, but sex & alcohol definitely help a lot, and if you can't get sex, then a load of wanks. But actually, I found that in mid teenage years it was grand, no bother, half bottle of vodka and not a bother the next day. Then from about 19 to 23 it was harsh. But after that it's taken some serious damage to give me a proper hangover, also because some of the 5-7 day alco-narco binges made my idea of a "bad hangover" become fairly fuckin atrocious. If it's beer + whiskey or rum alone / wine alone / clear spirits alone, and so on, then it's fine, but when you mix them is when the pain comes. Also, having a big bottle of water beside you when you crash, or else gulping down pints of water before you hit the bed, if you're able to. Other than that, eating before you go on the lash, not mixing drinks, and not keeping it up more than 2 days in a row leads to easily-dealt-with hangovers, personally.

what happens you when you hit the cuban cigars and the crystal champagne? :)

I 'd say the sex/wank thing is cos when you orgasm the body releases endorphins which make you feel good ....for a few minutes

then its back to stomach churning, pins and needles, depression and nightmares for two days

If you're me

what happens you when you hit the cuban cigars and the crystal champagne? :)

Well, I reckon at that stage you can be fairly sure of the "sex cure" coming into play...

I 'd say the sex/wank thing is cos when you orgasm the body releases endorphins which make you feel good ....for a few minutes

then its back to stomach churning, pins and needles, depression and nightmares for two days

This is very true. The vilest of hangovers tend to involve continual bouts of furious spaghetti wrestling in a pitiable effort to allay the churning filth inside...five minutes of transcendental glory followed by a renewed and worserer self-loathing and lethargic disgust...which in turn may only be fixed with another fix...a bit like smack, actually!

I'll drink to that!

Beer_579_18002249_0_0_6000573_300.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back