In your face Flanders! (5 Viewers)

janer, thats just as bad a propaganda tool as cnn/fox news/sky news ect. wether you agree or disagree with the bush administrations foreign/war policy, there just soldiers doing there job. granted they shoudn't be there, but glamorising there slaughter isnt helping matters. the real enemy is the rightwing neoconservatives who control the white house, not the soldiers who are under command.

I have watched vids of these "soldiers just doing their job" of torturing,taking pot shots at civilians/shooting up homes/cars and other atrocities, b4 a person joins the US army they know exactly the kind of army their getting into and what they will be doing....
The way I look at it the more that are killed the more of a headache for the Bush administration and the sooner they pull out.

You do realise that not every single soldier over there is "taking pot shots" at people or torturing people? As for "they know exactly the kind of army their getting into", this shows a basic lack of understanding as to what's going on with the people joining the army in the states at the minute (no jobs/no money for education etc). I'm not necessarily looking to defend these people, but at the end of the day you're getting a kick out of seeing people getting killed, and are hoping more people get killed. Don't you think on a base level that's kind of fucked up?

No, I had no job or money in the 80's recession here and I did'nt join any army.
You join the army to kill or be killed no if's or buts about it, esp when it's a world reknowned aggresive army who invades/corrupts numerous countries.

Janer Harris strikes again.

bw09.jpg

DuncheeKnifed said:
bit of a difference between ireland and the US in terms of social welfare systems in fairness.
Also, i don't think the irish army ever offered to pay 100% of people's college fees if they agreed to work in the army for two years once they'd graduated.

JANER said:
I have watched vids of these "soldiers just doing their job" of torturing,taking pot shots at civilians/shooting up homes/cars and other atrocities, b4 a person joins the US army they know exactly the kind of army their getting into and what they will be doing....

you haven't the faintest idea. "watched vids" - that's really impressive. ever tried reading a book?

The way I look at it the more that are killed the more of a headache for the Bush administration and the sooner they pull out.

yeah cos they obviously give a fuck about killing poor people.
and that doesn't explain why you enjoy watching it so much.
i think you're full of shit.

JANER said:
I have watched vids

Watching Rambo doesn't give you the whole picture.
There is more than the stereotypical soldiers out there. The american army have these PR / recruitment type people that corner school kids in shopping malls and promise them the earth if they join up. Most of these that they target are clueless 17-18 year olds, i feel sorry for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back