In Search of The Pope's Children (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 6
I couldnt hear this last night as the dirty auld farmer down the road came to collect his money and my ma gave him the tea and i had to listen to them talking about dead neighbours for around four hours!!

Re McWilliams – all he did was point out that we are all living way beyond our means and if we listened carefully we would have heard a fairly veiled warning. That was the bases of the programme – I though anyway. The fact we the Popes children were targeted, is that because we are the ones using our initiative and creating a life for ourselves and living life to the full…

I think we will hit a recession – some time – so what! Lets enjoy the here and now!!

Wizz:cool:

Re McWilliams – all he did was point out that we are all living way beyond our means and if we listened carefully we would have heard a fairly veiled warning. That was the bases of the programme – I though anyway. The fact we the Popes children were targeted, is that because we are the ones using our initiative and creating a life for ourselves and living life to the full…

I think we will hit a recession – some time – so what! Lets enjoy the here and now!!

opps - don't know what happend there!

Are we really living way beyond our means? I know you're constantly hearing scare stories about record levels of personal indebtedness but wages/social welfare are also are record levels - that's the way the world works, inflation keeps inflating.

Are we really living way beyond our means? I know you're constantly hearing scare stories about record levels of personal indebtedness but wages/social welfare are also are record levels - that's the way the world works, inflation keeps inflating.

People can't afford houses so they borrow deposit/stamp duty from cr union or family without telling the building society/bank. Bank lends the max that the person can afford not realising (or ignoring) that other unofficial debt has to be serviced. People buy houses. Houses go up mega percent in a couple of years but people have to go onto the credit card for day to day expenses. Much wealthier in asset terms but not in disposable income terms. It's a sort of version of living beyond your means; businesses do it all the time - incur short term debt to 'grow' the company.

People can't afford houses so they borrow deposit/stamp duty from cr union or family without telling the building society/bank. Bank lends the max that the person can afford not realising (or ignoring) that other unofficial debt has to be serviced. People buy houses. Houses go up mega percent in a couple of years but people have to go onto the credit card for day to day expenses. Much wealthier in asset terms but not in disposable income terms. It's a sort of version of living beyond your means; businesses do it all the time - incur short term debt to 'grow' the company.

Yeah but who is really the new wealthy - the banks have given us all money for loans etc that are well beyond our dreams - they own everything that we have including our luxuries - easier said than done we can still live the life but try and do it with in our means. If the tide turns there will be a lot of very poor people in this country - thats what mcwilliams is warning us against.

Then again - who collects the debts etc after we're gone!!!!

Wiz:cool:

I dunno, I know quite a few people who have bought houses and big, big cars and I'm there scratching my head going "how can they afford it?" Turns out they're often big time in debt, and often to their parents. Personally, I think it's nuts.

I think "the crash" won't come soon though. If the IT people pull out or continue to transfer production to India, there'll be another huge wave of investment into other areas like pharmaceuticals, biochem and medical devices. It's happening already.

Better go back to learning your science, eh egg?

Can someone tell me what a snackboxer is?

This programme is shite. McWilliams is a cynical, self righteous twit. The other night he said something about how Ireland would fare better without the EU. Hhahahahahahahahahhhhaaa. Why then does IDA Ireland continue to attract investment to Ireland? Because we are the only English speaking country in the Euro zone is why. There is no way Ireland would survive without the EU or Euro in terms of inward investment. None.

As for Irish people having a load of credit, money, living beyond their means etc etc is this not how most people in the Western world live? Slave to the lender and employer? And secondly, I've never been so broke in my life, I work full time, rent because the bank won't give me a mortgage and have a kid in childcare. No bank is throwing money my way and I work for a state agency, good dependable, pensionable job etc etc.

Fuck you McWilliams you AUBURN haired cunt. I'd say he has a huge fucking deck and shops in AVOCA handweavers all the fucking time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back