Important Chips Query (1 Viewer)

Which goes on first

• Total voters
I do whatever the polish person behind the counter does - which is salt then the vinegar.

Its salt n vinegar not vinegar and salt any bag of tayto's will tell you that

if you put the salt on first the vinegar will help disperse it through the bag. if you put the vinegar on first the salt wont mix so well. at least thats what i expect would happen. falafel = shite.

Falafel is not shit! It's wonderful. I once, like you, was a non-believer.

That typo is killing me

pete can you please fix 'then' to read as 'them'. Also i'm really sorry for wasting your time

bah i picked the wrong one. it's obviously salt then vinegar. ketchup on chipper chips is a no go. interestingly you can't get decent chipper chips in london, supposedly the home of fish and chips. they're always cut too thinly or else just those horrible frozen skinny ones. i've only found one semi-decent place near my gaff

I had Pommes Souffle yesterday.
They were absolutely unbelievable
There are fucking impossible to make - you need to cut the potato into a rectangle, minus the corners and just the right thickness. When they are fried in oil at exactly the right temperature they fluff up like pillows.

37950_443393377614_747227614_5434452_5765641_n.jpg

Beautiful.

The only question about chipper chips is wheter they should be fried in dripping or veg oil and whether or not they should be crispy.

The non crispy ones are good with ketchup - it cuts the fat a bit

Crispy - mayo is your only man.

bah i picked the wrong one. it's obviously salt then vinegar. ketchup on chipper chips is a no go. interestingly you can't get decent chipper chips in london, supposedly the home of fish and chips. they're always cut too thinly or else just those horrible frozen skinny ones. i've only found one semi-decent place near my gaff

Same for Brighton - theres some good places on the seafront but it's just not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back