General mortgage query (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

general mortgage query

if you sign up to a 30 year mortgage

is it possible to reduce it to 25 years for example after a year?

general mortgage query

if you sign up to a 30 year mortgage

is it possible to reduce it to 25 years for example after a year?

IIRC possibly with Ulster and, I think, KBC.

Everyone else either no or you'll have to pay a bomb in fees to make up for their lost interest.

You'd have to check with your mortgage provider directly though, it'll be different depending on who it is.

As far as I know, the fees they hit you with for lost interest only apply if you are on a fixed rate. I think if you are on a variable rate they can't penalise you for overpaying on your mortgage and therefore finishing if off earlier than planned. Thought of doing this once but then of course, didn't bother. As far as I remember it was important to write to them and specify that you want the extra amount paid into paying off the principal.

The other option is to just re-mortgage ... in which case you can shop around the different providers.

After procrastinating too long with half arsed research a property has popped up that is a possibility for me so was going to go in for 1 year fixed with Bank of Ireland over 30 and then reduce the length of it possibly after feeling the reality of being a mortgage holding home owner

We had a fixed mortgage on the apartment, instead of going for the tracker hahahahaha. Which we started overpaying in the midst of property crash depression to feel better about stuff. We brought a 30yr mortgage down to like 10 years or some shit after 10 years. Then we sold and bought a house with like a 500 year mortgage. Try not to think about it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back